mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Don't laugh, but..............

Donna Summer.

Pat Benatar.
I seen Donna Summer live last year. She can still sing.

Seen Pat Benatar almost 20 years ago. I just like looking at her. She is still hot 20 years later. :D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
IF you can find it, listen to the LONG version of MacArther Park.
"Someone left the cake out in the rain
and I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe again,
OH NO!"

LOL:D

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
I see a few names have popped up a few times I guess they have a stunning vocal clarity range that blinds in with the instrument with soothing delight. Here’s my selection.

Madonna “Live to Tell” “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina” “Who’s that Girl”
Celine Dion “My Heat Well Go On” “I’m Alive”
Anne Lennox “A Whiter Shade of Pale” “Love Song For A Vampire” “Into The West (The Lord Of The Rings, The Return O lyrics”

I used to here her sweet sounding voice over the radio many times during the late 70’s Karen had a warm touchiness.:)

A

alexsound

Audioholic
OH NO!"

I never said the song made any sense. :D A lot of people don't know this
BUT, the song was a remake from 1968. The original was written and
sung by no other than Richard Harris. Yes, the original Albus Dumbledore
from the Harry Potter movies. Think about it. 1968 ? I'm SURE he had
to be high on something. By the way, he was nominated for a Grammy that year for........MacArthur Park.

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
I see a few names have popped up a few times I guess they have a stunning vocal clarity range that blinds in with the instrument with soothing delight. Here’s my selection.

Madonna “Live to Tell” “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina” “Who’s that Girl”
Celine Dion “My Heat Well Go On” “I’m Alive”
Anne Lennox “A Whiter Shade of Pale” “Love Song For A Vampire” “Into The West (The Lord Of The Rings, The Return O lyrics”

I used to here her sweet sounding voice over the radio many times during the late 70’s Karen had a warm touchiness.:)
Hmmm...always liked Madonna, but also think she's more marketing talent than vocal talent. However, gotta agree 100% with Annie Lennox. Unbelievable voice. Maybe not the range of Kate Bush, but wonderfully powerful and equally delicate when necessary!

W

whitelaw

Audiophyte
Sarah MacLachlan
Celine Dion
Shania Twain.......Hmmmm....A bit of a Canadian Theme going here!

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
POP :

Celine Dion
Barbra Streisand

Opera:

Anna Netrebko

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
OH NO!"

This song has often been cited as the "worst" pop/rock song ever made. I heartily agree.:)

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Hmm interesting thread, I agree with many suggestions and I'm not sure I can add anything new.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I ended up buying the Dolores O Riordan CD. I really like it. I am adding her to my favorites list.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
This song has often been cited as the "worst" pop/rock song ever made. I heartily agree.:)
The worst pop/rock song ever? Wow, that could easily be a thread of its own!:)
My vote goes to Having My Baby by Paul Anka.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
The worst pop/rock song ever? Wow, that could easily be a thread of its own!:)
My vote goes to Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
Along with "You light up my life" perhaps, even though "Having my baby" actually makes me want to retch. For some strange reason McCarthur Park doesn't make me want to heave.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Along with "You light up my life" perhaps, even though "Having my baby" actually makes me want to retch. For some strange reason McCarthur Park doesn't make me want to heave.
The problem with You Light up my Life is not that it is a terrible song (to me, it is merely bad.) The problem is severe overexposure. Back when Debby Boone was the flavor of the week, it got to where I wanted to put my fist through the radio every time it came on.
(Good songs have been just as thoroughly ruined in the same way. I would be happy to never hear Stairway to Heaven again, and it is a great song.:()

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Whitney Houston......the obvious choice
I recognize and acknowledge Whitney Houston's talent, but I will never enjoy listening to her. A big part of that was I Will Always Love You being severely overplayed.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Some other great female voices that never get recognition.

Belinda Carlile
Susanna Hoffs
Sade
Sheena Easton
Stevie Nicks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis