D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Five Guys is catching flack because their burger meal is up to close to $25. That's pushing it, but even a Qtr Pounder w/cheese meal is over $9 and for the quality, that's ridiculous.
$9 for a slice of pizza at the HS hockey game. Well it has always been high at venues but that's pretty darn high. Fried chicken & fries or cheesberger & fries were $15. I actually thought those would be $18 so pretty good LOL.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Corporate greed factors in inflation rates around the world. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/inflation-profit-analysis-1.6909878

That doesn't negate the drivers of inflation that I previously mentioned. In fact, it has been suggested that corporations are using these other components of inflation as top cover to sneek in unjustified price increases. So, there needs to be underlying inflationary conditions for this to work. Otherwise, corporations would have difficulty explaining their cash grabs.

Bottom line is that we still can't pin inflation on Biden any more than we can blame Trudeau.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Republicans will complain that they can't complain about Joe's one hour energy drink. :)
But how long does it take for the effects to start and end? Does it ramp up slowly, or is it immediate, like flipping a switch? And what happens at the end?

What's the preferred drink, Red Bull? Monster? Jolt ("All of the sugar and twice the caffeine")? Maybe they gave him a massive shot of Vitamin B12.

Wouldn't want anyone to tell their therapist "I don't have anything to complain about!".

highfigh

highfigh

Carter? We could argue it started with the lines at the gas pump during the Nixon/Ford years. Volcker stepped in and raised interest rates to slow inflation, which worked, but also stifled the economy. Then a little too late for the Carter presidency he lowered interest rates. Which prompted the recession at the beginning of Reagan years followed by inflation under Reagan. But the economy started picking up as companies could afford to invest. Then under Reagan's plan, spend more/tax less, the deficit went bonkers.

Fast forward to today, some people perceived the economy to be better during Trump. But was it really? Sure, the market went up, but that was pure speculations thinking there would go on a spending and growth spree when covid ended. It wasn't based on real earnings or growth, but hoping the economy would pop post covid. People didn't spend like the speculators thought. On top there are labor market shortages, some industries have been slower to come back up to capacity than expected (some countries are way behind), the global supply chains are still disrupted, price gouging, and governments around the world, not just in the US, trying to boost the economy in response to this. Which started good and didn't end that well. Who knows, it may be worse today if they didn't try to do something? There's a lot of people saying different things based on hindsight. To that end, feds response is to curb inflation by raising interest rates. To reiterate, this is a worldwide problem.

Today I'd like to think we're moving in the right direction. Perhaps it's all just another phase in this ongoing cycle I've seen throughout my life caused by various circumstances. One which I believe is beyond any administration's long-term intervention.

Consider how many presidents have tried rebate/stimulus checks? Sure, getting a check makes people happy but the impact is negligible and could be argued it has the reverse effect long term. As I often say to people, everyone wants to pay less tax, but they complain when they hit a pothole in the road. You can't have your cake and eat it too!
Telling people to stay at home during COVID did some incredibly bad things WRT people wanting to work, do a job to any degree of quality and the government is lying about employment. People are losing jobs, the WH just says "275K jobs were added in the last month" but nothing about how many lost theirs. The ones who replaced experience workers are doing a terrible job and we all know it, either from hearing horror stories or experiencing it for ourselves. Call just about any company for support- how well does that go? Have a car serviced- same. Need construction? Screwed. Employers can't find qualified people and if they do, the workers are quitting because "It wasn't what I expected" or "I don't like that job".

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (said about no single leader).

highfigh

highfigh

Corporate greed factors in inflation rates around the world. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/inflation-profit-analysis-1.6909878

That doesn't negate the drivers of inflation that I previously mentioned. In fact, it has been suggested that corporations are using these other components of inflation as top cover to sneek in unjustified price increases. So, there needs to be underlying inflationary conditions for this to work. Otherwise, corporations would have difficulty explaining their cash grabs.

Bottom line is that we still can't pin inflation on Biden any more than we can blame Trudeau.
You have probably heard the part of the Law of Supply & Demand containing "At a price the market will bear"- the market needs to refuse to pay the prices when they increase too quickly and there's no underlying cause of the increases. OTOH, people want what they want, so.....but is a pickup truck really worth $100K?

What is your take on the housing price increases in Canada that are making home ownership very difficult, if not impossible for many? I was watching a video where the presenter said that the curbs introduced, and which worked, were ended by Justin Trudeau. True, false, partly either?

Or, is that all because of the sub-prime mortgage lending BS that was created by the US?

highfigh

highfigh

$9 for a slice of pizza at the HS hockey game. Well it has always been high at venues but that's pretty darn high. Fried chicken & fries or cheesberger & fries were $15. I actually thought those would be $18 so pretty good LOL.
I think that kind of pricing is due to the knowledge that nobody is going to call out for pizza delivery at a stadium or arena and they can get whatever they ask, or the people will have something else but that's also a good case of price fixing- the vendors all know what the prices are and if their price is lower, they'll outsell the others, which doesn't make the other vendors happy. If everyone else sells a burger & fries for $15, why sell it for $12? Now, if the quality of the food is exceptional for 'fast food', it may be a good deal.

Not far from my house is a McDonalds and from personal experience and hearing about the way it has been run (into the ground) by the drug dealing owner, I don't know how it has survived. Filthy, terrible service, bad food and directly across the street from a place called 'Kopps' in a building that was the actual basis for Arnold's, from Happy Days. By comparison, it's do much better that I can't think of a single reason for eating McD's, other than the additional time to get the order. A QP/cheese is about 4" in diameter, the burgers & fish sandwiches at the other place are easily 6" diameter.

Great, now I want a Kopps burger.....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The way I see it in the US election this time is that the US has to pick the lesser of two evils. Not that Biden is evil in the same light as Trump. I consider Biden very much a moderate who understands the value of political alliances with other countries, something that Trump has no f'in clue about. Biden knows the US can't make it alone in this world these days, No country can. All our economies are intertwined. Trump think's he can isolate the US from the rest of the world without any impact to the US economy while damaging relations with its closet allies in his foolish quest to do so. The US became the laughing stock of the world under Trump's rule and will do so again if that dumb ass csucker in again. I have an immense hatred for the Republican party and what it stands for now that Trump is their candidate again. I just pray that more knowledgeable people will keep Trump out of power on election day. He has no business running a country. I put Trump in the same camp as Saddam Hussein, Putin, and in some respects Hitler. His quest is power and not the well being of the US.

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
The way I see it in the US election this time is that the US has to pick the lesser of two evils. Not that Biden is evil in the same light as Trump. I consider Biden very much a moderate who understands the value of political alliances with other countries, something that Trump has no f'in clue about. Biden knows the US can't make it alone in this world these days, No country can. All our economies are intertwined. Trump think's he can isolate the US from the rest of the world without any impact to the US economy while damaging relations with its closet allies in his foolish quest to do so. The US became the laughing stock of the world under Trump's rule and will do so again if that dumb ass csucker in again. I have an immense hatred for the Republican party and what it stands for now that Trump is their candidate again. I just pray that more knowledgeable people will keep Trump out of power on election day. He has no business running a country. I put Trump in the same camp as Saddam Hussein, Putin, and in some respects Hitler. His quest is power and not the well being of the US.
Pray all you want. Delusional brainwashed idiots that compare Trump with Hitler will not decide the next election. The majority of the country is just not that stupid. Biden was portrayed as moderate that could come in and unite the country without all the drama surrounding Trump. Instead we all know now he is just a puppet for the far left. The most corrupt President in history attempting every way to eliminate his opponent. None of it is working. Dementia Joe will be in a rocking chair at home in November where he deserves to be. That’s if he even it makes it that long

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But how long does it take for the effects to start and end? Does it ramp up slowly, or is it immediate, like flipping a switch? And what happens at the end?

What's the preferred drink, Red Bull? Monster? Jolt ("All of the sugar and twice the caffeine")? Maybe they gave him a massive shot of Vitamin B12.

Wouldn't want anyone to tell their therapist "I don't have anything to complain about!".
I think that's probably desperation by conservative news.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Pray all you want. Delusional brainwashed idiots that compare Trump with Hitler will not decide the next election. The majority of the country is just not that stupid. Biden was portrayed as moderate that could come in and unite the country without all the drama surrounding Trump. Instead we all know now he is just a puppet for the far left. The most corrupt President in history attempting every way to eliminate his opponent. None of it is working. Dementia Joe will be in a rocking chair at home in November where he deserves to be. That’s if he even it makes it that long
You are the delusional brainwashed one ignoring all the BS that Trump put the US through. Look how he wanted to handle Covid? Its too bad that idiot didn't inject himself with his self prescribed meds. Would have saved the world a silver bullet. How the dumb forget so easily.

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
You are the delusional brainwashed one ignoring all the BS that Trump put the US through. Look how he wanted to handle Covid? Its too bad that idiot didn't inject himself with his self prescribed meds. Would have saved the world a silver bullet. How the dumb forget so easily.
Handle Covid? You still wearing a mask moron. Biden mandate. Have you had Bidens mandatory vaccine injections. Looks like too many of them is clouding your brain. Liberal dumbfucks like yourself forced that sh@t on everyone. Number one campaign donor to corrupt Joe is probably pfizer

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The primary reason Trump didn't repeat was because of his behavior. If your a hot air balloon about to burst well.... even some Republicans voted against him. I think this still is a great summary.....

If one focuses purely on the policies it is possible to arguably forgive Trump his excesses in language.

However, the presidency is more than just the policies, it is also judgement and effectiveness. And these statements are troubling against the criteria of Trump's language.

Finally of course, he who succeeds by showmanship of words also will probably fail by showmanship of words unless they are very careful, and as his supporters are sometimes gleeful to point out, Trump is typically not careful.

So it does depend upon your perspective. As Trump makes more and more judgements errors in his statements, typically one would expect the body politic to become increasingly less forgiving. We will see if this holds true this time.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Handle Covid? You still wearing a mask moron. Biden mandate. Have you had Bidens mandatory vaccine injections. Looks like too many of them is clouding your brain. Liberal dumbfucks like yourself forced that sh@t on everyone. Number one campaign donor to corrupt Joe is probably pfizer
You delusional

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
The primary reason Trump didn't repeat was because of his behavior. If your a hot air balloon about to burst well.... even some Republicans voted against him. I think this still is a great summary.....

If one focuses purely on the policies it is possible to arguably forgive Trump his excesses in language.

However, the presidency is more than just the policies, it is also judgement and effectiveness. And these statements are troubling against the criteria of Trump's language.

Finally of course, he who succeeds by showmanship of words also will probably fail by showmanship of words unless they are very careful, and as his supporters are sometimes gleeful to point out, Trump is typically not careful.

So it does depend upon your perspective. As Trump makes more and more judgements errors in his statements, typically one would expect the body politic to become increasingly less forgiving. We will see if this holds true this time.
The majority of Americans no longer trust the National Mainstream Media. Which is where you get all your information. So all of its irrevelant. Trump is more popular now than he ever was. The Democrats know this and are in a full blown panic. They are doing everything they can to take him out. Ethics do not matter at this point to the democrats. They are scared to death. The news media cannot take him out. The Democrats are only making him more popular with there corrupt tactics. If they don’t change course soon and run an honest campaign they are going to get killed in the General election

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The majority of Americans no longer trust the National Mainstream Media. Which is where you get all your information. So all of its irrevelant. Trump is more popular now than he ever was. The Democrats know this and are in a full blown panic. They are doing everything they can to take him out. Ethics do not matter at this point to the democrats. They are scared to death. The news media cannot take him out. The Democrats are only making him more popular with there corrupt tactics. If they don’t change course soon and run an honest campaign they are going to get killed in the General election
2-1 record is pretty good. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis