D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
And someone would have known that, how?

You left out Glenn Beck and Jesse Watters.

I find most news heads annoying as he!!., the last two, especially.

BTW- don't act like the Left doesn't do this.

I want truthful news in the old 'Trust, but verify' way. No BS for making personal statements and as little slant as possible from the top. At this point, I seriously doubt this is possible and it doesn't matter which political side the outlets are on.
If I have that down the first link goes to Maddow. Not a very broad analysis. Ok, she sucks. The second link is from 2014, and if I have that right mostly false/pants on fire Fox is at the highest with 58, Msnbc 45, and CNN 22. Could you imagine what it would look like with Trump from 2016-20? LOL

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No though I'm sure he does. I wonder though if he even does any pressers?
Instead of wondering, look for videos- plenty are out there. More are him wandering up to or away from the mic, but he does them. There's almost no Q&A, though- if that starts, he's led away immediately. He looks like he's fine at times but there are videos that show him looking totally confused.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I LOL at '20 Biden when someone said, Don't blow it, Joe!

'20 Biden: stand there, say nothing, and Trump will implode.

'24 Biden: can he stand???

Cracks me up. :p

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Strange. Up here, inflation is supposedly all Trudeau's fault.

The truth is, inflation has been a world-wide problem. No single political leader/government should be blamed entirely for any economic problems and more than they should take exclusive credit for economic upswings.

The current inflation issue was caused by COVID, climate change and Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Preventing it just wasn't in the cards.
I graduated high school in 1975....all we heard about in Economics class was inflation.
It's always been a factor and always will be.
Just wait until climate change really kicks in...a Hamburger will cost 79.95 :)

highfigh

highfigh

I graduated high school in 1975....all we heard about in Economics class was inflation.
Nothing about monopolies, supply/demand curve, diminishing returns, etc?

highfigh

highfigh

Just cant make these people happy no matter what !!

IMO, the question about why/how his energy level was so high for more than an hour needs to be asked when he seems to have so little, at times. Maybe he needed a nap and a good sit-down. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Five Guys is catching flack because their burger meal is up to close to $25. That's pushing it, but even a Qtr Pounder w/cheese meal is over $9 and for the quality, that's ridiculous.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
IMO, the question about why/how his energy level was so high for more than an hour needs to be asked when he seems to have so little, at times. Maybe he needed a nap and a good sit-down. :)
Republicans will complain that they can't complain about Joe's one hour energy drink. :)

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
they were preparing you for Carter ............ :eek:
Carter? We could argue it started with the lines at the gas pump during the Nixon/Ford years. Volcker stepped in and raised interest rates to slow inflation, which worked, but also stifled the economy. Then a little too late for the Carter presidency he lowered interest rates. Which prompted the recession at the beginning of Reagan years followed by inflation under Reagan. But the economy started picking up as companies could afford to invest. Then under Reagan's plan, spend more/tax less, the deficit went bonkers.

Fast forward to today, some people perceived the economy to be better during Trump. But was it really? Sure, the market went up, but that was pure speculations thinking there would go on a spending and growth spree when covid ended. It wasn't based on real earnings or growth, but hoping the economy would pop post covid. People didn't spend like the speculators thought. On top there are labor market shortages, some industries have been slower to come back up to capacity than expected (some countries are way behind), the global supply chains are still disrupted, price gouging, and governments around the world, not just in the US, trying to boost the economy in response to this. Which started good and didn't end that well. Who knows, it may be worse today if they didn't try to do something? There's a lot of people saying different things based on hindsight. To that end, feds response is to curb inflation by raising interest rates. To reiterate, this is a worldwide problem.

Today I'd like to think we're moving in the right direction. Perhaps it's all just another phase in this ongoing cycle I've seen throughout my life caused by various circumstances. One which I believe is beyond any administration's long-term intervention.

Consider how many presidents have tried rebate/stimulus checks? Sure, getting a check makes people happy but the impact is negligible and could be argued it has the reverse effect long term. As I often say to people, everyone wants to pay less tax, but they complain when they hit a pothole in the road. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if the debt takes a back seat to GDP? I wonder though what our "real" GDP is minus the debt?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Gotta say though if Joe loses than it's on us. I think it could be better, and if Trump is their choice than congratulations. Err I guess LOL.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
The tirade last night was a total joke from the country destroyer

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis