Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Are you right clicking the video from the search results to copy it? Don't use the insert function, use the link function.
Chris when you use the link it says insert after pasting in the address. So, I have been using link all along. I just tried again and still posting actual videos. Must be something in my settings that need to be changed. Also, when you click the specific video is always starts playing right?

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Chris when you use the link it says insert after pasting in the address. So, I have been using link all along. I just tried again and still posting actual videos. Must be something in my settings that need to be changed. Also, when you click the specific video is always starts playing right?

Cheers,

Phil
Hey Phil, try just pasting the link in a post. Don't use any forum functions. Just a straight up copy/paste.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil, try just pasting the link in a post. Don't use any forum functions. Just a straight up copy/paste.
Okay I will give that a try. We will see what happens. I will get it sooner or later. But, it looks like it will be later.........LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Here goes nothing......LOL

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay that is enough today. I will work on it another time. Getting a bit frustrated now......LOL!!! Thanks to both Pogre and Lovin for all of your help. I think it is something in my settings. Too bad I am not a computer guy.

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Really. It embedded the video and all you did was paste in the link? Okay Phil, I'd hate to say this but you're gonna need a new pc... :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay that is enough today. I will work on it another time. Getting a bit frustrated now......LOL!!! Thanks to both Pogre and Lovin for all of your help. I think it is something in my settings. Too bad I am not a computer guy.

Cheers,

Phil
I don't think its your settings but rather what you're doing in some way. Mentioned many times to use the link function and you still didn't do that so hard to know what else you're not following, probably something along those lines....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think its your settings but rather what you're doing in some way. Mentioned many times to use the link function and you still didn't do that so hard to know what else you're not following, probably something along those lines....
Chris when I click the link function a box pops up that says insert or cancel only (2) options it gives me. I have been using link. It works with the video search function, but not on a specific video. Trying to follow instruction to a T.......LOL!!! I do use the right click function with copying and pasting. So, if it is not in the settings then i am still doing something wrong. Hope to figure it out soon enough. Wished there was a way to practice this so not to take up or slow pages down.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No worries Phil. I missed your explanation on the link function, yes it does say to insert the url by pasting it in the box when using the link function. Try writing out "Phil's video choice" in the post, now highlight that phrase and open the link function. Open another tab, find the video you want to play on youtube.com, let it start to play and then highlight the url in the address bar, then use a right click and copy the url. Come back to your post and paste the url into the link function box and hit the insert button. That should be it, ready to post.

Perhaps you do have some tweaked settings for using the forum? Not using tapatalk or something? Otherwise like the Fleetwood Mac album, It's a Mystery to Me

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Try out this brief video about the affect of sound on physical matter. The video has a name for it but I don't care about the fancy schmancy name. The video shows the affects of sound on various forms of physical matter : like sand on a metal plate. Probably the most interesting affect to me was the affect of a kick drum on a stream of flowing water. I'd like to see @Pogre do that one. Its short. I thought it was pretty cool.

CYMATICS: The affect of Music on Matter

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Try out this brief video about the affect of sound on physical matter. The video has a name for it but I don't care about the fancy schmancy name. The video shows the affects of sound on various forms of physical matter : like sand on a metal plate. Probably the most interesting affect to me was the affect of a kick drum on a stream of flowing water. I'd like to see @Pogre do that one. Its short. I thought it was pretty cool.

CYMATICS: The affect of Music on Matter
That was fun. The kick drum was too cool. I'm wondering if there had to be a certain shutter speed to catch it like that? I've seen videos YouTube with speakers and streams of water that have a similar effect. Never saw it so pronounced before tho.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No worries Phil. I missed your explanation on the link function, yes it does say to insert the url by pasting it in the box when using the link function. Try writing out "Phil's video choice" in the post, now highlight that phrase and open the link function. Open another tab, find the video you want to play on youtube.com, let it start to play and then highlight the url in the address bar, then use a right click and copy the url. Come back to your post and paste the url into the link function box and hit the insert button. That should be it, ready to post.

Perhaps you do have some tweaked settings for using the forum? Not using tapatalk or something? Otherwise like the Fleetwood Mac album, It's a Mystery to Me
Thanks Chris I will try this another day. Worn out now.....LOL!!! Thanks to both you and Pogre for hanging in there with me. This is proof that computers are NOT my thing......LOL!!!! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
2/26/77, linky, this show is hot hot hot! SB/aud matrix, pretty well done.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis