slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sunny, about 55F, and I'm in short sleeves, in the deep south!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Sunny, about 55F, and I'm in short sleeves, in the deep south!
I officially hate you for this, but even worse is my colleague whom called me on friday.
I asked him - does he works from home ? (he leaves in near DC area) - he said he's working from St. Croix... it's sunny and 84F today over there....

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
we got about 6 inches in South Jersey my electric has been out since 5 am this morning and just came back on within the last 15 minutes. The winds are blowing steady at 40 mph with gusts around 60 mph the tide has blown in at mean high with the full moon and two more high tides to go we are talking about floods in excess of the 62 noreaster and far worse than Sandy. It just started to snow again and might do so for a few more hours There were measured swells at 24 to 26 feet that is just huge for a wave major flooding all around this coastal area !

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Shoveled for about 3 hours today. Between new snowfall and gusts up to 55+mph there's about 5" where we already shoveled. FML.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I officially hate you for this, but even worse is my colleague whom called me on friday.
I asked him - does he works from home ? (he leaves in near DC area) - he said he's working from St. Croix... it's sunny and 84F today over there....
Yeah, we'll see how much you hate me from June to August when I'm at 100 consecutive days above 100F!

We're having a mild winter, about what we expect in Tx. I actually had to mow the yard last week!

A

Argroft

Junior Audioholic
Cool, I wake up to 30" of snow only to realize I still have to go to work... Good thing I'm only 5 minutes away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
While eating some dinner, we switched on the TV to see what's on the news. All the local stations are in non-stop snow storm mode. They show a lot of reporters driving around, telling everyone to stay off the roads! Apparently this has been going on since last night.

32" of snow and it's still coming down. Heavy wind too. Shoveling tomorrow is gonna be silly.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
10 pm and still snowing. The wind has blown so much snow on my deck that the table is buried & only the very top of the chair backs are visible. I don't know how high they are, but when I sit in one, the chair back supports my shoulders. They're saying we got nearly 3 feet. Tomorrow I'll be shoveling and shoveling.

After seeing floods on the Jersey shore, I suppose there are worse things.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
While eating some dinner, we switched on the TV to see what's on the news. All the local stations are in non-stop snow storm mode. They show a lot of reporters driving around, telling everyone to stay off the roads! Apparently this has been going on since last night.

32" of snow and it's still coming down. Heavy wind too. Shoveling tomorrow is gonna be silly.
You need one of these!

I can pile the snow 14' high.

Just the ticket for snow falls.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Finally got done shoveling at around midnight. Final tally was around what Swerd had, but because of the wind it got up to around 5' in some spots. Then with the plowing we get the mini-mountains. We're about the only townhouse in our neighborhood that is completely shoveled out front door, back door, and cars.

A

Argroft

Junior Audioholic
We're having some fun plowing at work, then again, we have some fun toys:

Not everyday can we use the groomer to plow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We may get some flurries today. Pray for me.:p

There was a possibility that your storm was going to continue up the eastern seaboard and whack us too. But, it looks like it hung a right out to sea before it reached us. I'm OK with that.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Finally got done shoveling at around midnight. Final tally was around what Swerd had, but because of the wind it got up to around 5' in some spots. Then with the plowing we get the mini-mountains. We're about the only townhouse in our neighborhood that is completely shoveled out front door, back door, and cars.
Hey Fuzz, nice work, you'll sleep well tonight.:)
Doesn't your Condo Association take care of snow removal?
Or you couldn't wait... since you wanted the place to look nice for Adam and Doug?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Time to make sure the 4WD still works.
I put my collection of Belgian block in the back of the truck the other night.
A little extra weight in the back always helps in the snow.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis