Zuuuuuu Speakers???????????????

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Can't Hurt!!!

I am going to buy these speakers and give them a try. With the 60 day guarantee I don't see how I could go wrong. The only other speakers I was interested in were the B&W CM-6 speakers. However these are a little off the beaten path as far as styling and looks, and that appeals to me. Now if they sound awful back they will go. Thanks for all the input guys. You owners seem to like them, despite any draw backs they may have. So here I go.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Not Sure!

I was going to wait to look at the binding post, before I purchased an amp and wires. Currently I have a Yamaha RXZ9 receiver. I would most likely use that and use outboard mono amps if needed. However the RXZ9 has 170 watts for the fronts so if I am not mistaking it will suffice. For the wire I would use beldin 10 awg cable and terminate with wbt bannana's at the receiver and spades as it looks on the speaker.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
Currently I have a Yamaha RXZ9 receiver.
This is a good performing unit, have you ever considered seperates. Is your system going to be for home theater or stereo?

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
I was going to use it for both stereo and home theater. I have not considered separates. I would have to look into it. Would using a receiver with mono amps be considered separates? I just want to get a good set of speakers. The reason I was swayed to the ZU speakers is the resemblance to the old Infinity quantum Qa speakers just larger. What do you use in your system?

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
What do you use in your system?
I run Martin Logan Ascent i's for my fronts with all Mcintosh electronics.

Would using a receiver with mono amps be considered separates?
It could as long as the yamaha has a good pre out section.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
What were you thinking about using for amps besides the yamaha?

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
No idea, Not macs, those babies are old school and pricey. I have looked at odyssey, parasound, rotel and classe.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
The only one out of that group I have tried was the rotel RMB-1095 which I thought was a wonderful amp. You should try the yamaha first and then demo a amp to see if there is any difference, if the yamaha can do the job there is no sense of spending more money on more amps.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
I agree with you on that one. Hopefully it will work great with the Yamaha alone.

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Amps

With 170 watts, these speakers will be louder and cleaner than anything you've ever heard outside professional audio. Your implementation is going to be as far from mine as it could be, which is not necessarily bad.

Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis