ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, I have the 659 ripped out and I am about to put the 3800 in. Can the PS3 be connected via HDMI to zone 1 and analog to zone 2 like all my other gear? I never have tried this with the PS3.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I found info in several places online that say the HDMI and the optical audio signals work simultaneously but I have not found anything about analog connections. Does your 3800 use digital sources for zone 2? If so you won't need the analog.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nope just found this in a review at big picture big sound:

Also, the PS3 does not currently allow simultaneous output of analog and digital audio (it's one or the other) which is not ideal if you want to do parallel connections to a home theater system and directly to a TV for "simpler" viewing/listening options. To enable the analog audio outputs, you need to go into the menu and select this as the active output (and this disables the digital output).
Although to me a optical digital out may not mean the HDMI audio is not working but you definatley cannot have the opticaland analog at the same time.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have been searching too and everything seems to point to the same answer.

That sucks guess I will search for a better way to play all my music.
Nope just found this in a review at big picture big sound:

Although to me a optical digital out may not mean the HDMI audio is not working but you definatley cannot have the opticaland analog at the same time.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
It does seem dumb that you cannot do that and a bit frustrating.

Oh and martini #1:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok movies are up and going. Set on Surr. Decoder PCM, PS3 display reads DTS-MA on my test movie so I think this is all correct.

I can't get the Sat box/DVR to do anything (sound or Picture) and I have tried everything I can think of on the assignment side. Any suggestions?

Drinks-0

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hmm. Are you moving from component to HDMI on the sat box or the same connection type?

I know on my box when I wanted to use the optical I had to activate it on the box. Maybe you would need to do the same with HDMI.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It was HDMI straight to the TV before and opt for audio. I would like to look at the setting on the sat box but I cant see anything. Can you tell me the settings on your AVR for your SAT BOX?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, I see you bailed on me when I needed you the most;)

I am not sure what I did but it is all working now besides a weird discharge sound coming from my amp when I shut everything off. Let me is if I can figure out what that is and then program my remote and tune this puppy up.

Hmm. Are you moving from component to HDMI on the sat box or the same connection type?

I know on my box when I wanted to use the optical I had to activate it on the box. Maybe you would need to do the same with HDMI.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes sorry about that. I actually had to spend some time with the wife.:rolleyes:

Don't do that again;)

Now that is not a good thing. It did not do that before.
First time and it did it twice, I discovered that my 12v trigger had come lose and when I reconnected it, it quit making the noise. Weird but oh-well as long as it's working now.

So far my only complaint is the volume display which I have heard you guys talk about before. It is like 10x bigger on my 659.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis