Zone 2 without a Zone 2 receiver

F

fgarrett

Audiophyte
I purchased a Panasonic SA-XR57 receiver and did not understand the limitations. It has no pre-out or zone 2 line out capability. I have 4 rooms controlled by a Niles SVL-4 Speaker Selection/Volume Control unit and a family room with TV/surround sound system. For music I want one or all rooms playing the same. By mistake I thought I could feed the Niles unit from the B-Speaker channel. Problem is the 4 speaker sets tied to the Niles unit only receive enough output on the B channel to hear a whisper of sound. Space is important and the primary reason for the Panasonic purchase. I only need to feed CD and Satellite music to the Niles unit and want to purchase a Audiosource AMP200 to do the amplification. Plan is to connect the CD player optical out to the Panasonic receiver and the analog out connected to the Audiosource amp. I will install Y-connectors to the audio out from the satellite control box to simultaneously feed the Panasonic receiver and Audiosource amp. One of the speaker sets in the living room connected to the Niles unit is close and open to the room that has the surround speakers. Two questions.
(1) Will this arrangement work? and
(2) Will the living room speakers powered by the Audiosource amp and family room speakers powered by the Panasonic receiver be "in sync" such that the music flows from room-to-room? Usually we keep the living room volume lower that the family room when entertaining.

Thanks, Frank

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis