Zone 2 wiring question

S

shanerocks

Enthusiast
I am in the middle of wiring up the basement for a home theatre and would like to run my Zone 2 out to the deck. I will be buying the Onkyo TX-SR-608 I would like to avoid using the pre-outs as I can really afford an amp but will wire it for the future, so would like to use the direct speaker wire. My question is that I would like to send these wires to a volume contol mounted on the deck. What would I need to be able to control the reciever with a remote on the deck? And to a Sirius reciever docked to it. Can just get a IR extender and plug it in the back of the reciever and mount it somewhere on the volume box or do i need something else.
Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The zone 2 appears to be powered with that receiver. I would double check with the owner's manual on their website to be sure that you can run things the way you want with zone 2, but from the brief description I read, you can.

For zone 2 control, you should be able to set the audio out to 'fixed' and you can use a volume control like you want. Then you can use an IR repeater like you said. For control, you generally don't plug into the back of a receiver, but put an IR emitter on the front of each product you need/want to control.

The option would be a universal remote with RF capability and a RF base station, which is likely a fair bit more.

A IR receiver/volume control combo may make sense...
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&q=volume+control+with+ir&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130247460611710&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13336053014712596688&sa=X&ei=xC-iTaiWJ4qX0QGi05ihBQ&ved=0CC8Q8wIwAg#

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis