R

rileydogmi

Audiophyte
Well, I am painfully aware that I cannot get digital out to zone 2 on my Denon AVR-2105 amp. Well, my source is only digital - I have a HTPC computer and use a home theater program called TheaterTek to watch movies. I can only choose 1 audio output method within the software and I don't want to use analog on my good zone 1 speakers (5.1). My second zone has 2 cheap in ceiling speakers. I would love to watch movies (and hear them) in this zone.

So, are there any alternatives? Is there a relatively cheap digital to analog converter so I can split the signal and put it into an unused analog input? I tried software on that HTPC to replicate the sound (Virtual Audio Cable) but the audio became out-of-sync with the video...

Thanks!

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
PC audio output

Is it possible to use a seperate sound card to provide the analog signal to zone 2. If not, look for a headphone jack on the back of the sound card or on the CD / DVD player. This is a line level analog signal and you can buy an adapter to convert to the dual RCA cables.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can go to radio shack and get a D/A converter that is used for laptops for about $4 here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis