Zeppelin: Robert Plant's Voice

E

Electone

Audioholic
First of all, let me say that I think Led Zeppelin may be one of the greatest bands of all time. There, I got that out of the way...

But...

Does anyone else find Plant's voice kind of grating? It has what I can only describe as a "squealing", quality to it. Perhaps it is his style of singing that makes Zeppelin the legends that they are, but I've always wondered how they would have sounded with a different voice than Plant's.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
It would have been another band. Put Plant with another band and its LZ. I remember something when other bands did Zep songs,it was on tv i guess because i remember some of the other band lead singers saying they were totally spent after doing his songs and couldnt even think of doing a concert of LZ songs because of Plants voice. It wore them out doing his songs.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I think he was one of the greatest rock singers to ever live. Nowadays his voice is just a shell of the mighty power it once was, but in his prime he was awe inspiring, IMO. Zep was more than the sum of it's parts, but it just wouldn't have been the same without Plant.

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
I agree Rob..............watching Plant sing was almost as enjoyable as hearing him sing. He's a powerful,mesmorizing presence(no pun intended) on stage & I couldn't imagine Zeppelin w/o him. I also find it interesting how his voice evolved over the years. I'm always trying to decide if I liked it best on the 1st album or on "P.G."

Jimmy Page,IMO, was one of,if not the, best R&R guitarists of all time.................................but that's a subject for another thread :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis