Zach Snyder's Justice League Series On HBOMax

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
unnamed.5.jpg

Anyone interested? I am!

For those who don't know there's a long story behind this, but I'll do my best to condense. Batman v Superman underperformed, the studio and powers that be hit the panic button, Zach Snyder was out, Joss Whedon was in and they completely butchered Justice League. It was originally intended to be 2 movies and was completely different. It was rumored tho, that a "Snyder cut" existed and fans wanted it. The studio denied any such thing.

Fast forward and AT&T, who own DC/Warner along with HBO, are looking for their "The Mandalorian" to drum up subs and compete with Disney. They get wind of the Snyder cut and are now letting Zach turn it into a 6 or 7 episode series for HBO Max with a 20 mil budget to finish it up. I guess the whole cast is on board too. After the fiasco with studio interference on the one we got a few "stepped down" or got fired. DC/Warner did not want there to be a Snyder cut and tried to cover it all up in an attempt to hide the fact that they screwed up and ended up losing a tin of money. It's a pretty interesting story actually. There's more to it, but like I said, I'm condensing.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
View attachment 37988

Anyone interested? I am!

For those who don't know there's a long story behind this, but I'll do my best to condense. Batman v Superman underperformed, the studio and powers that be hit the panic button, Zach Snyder was out, Joss Whedon was in and they completely butchered Justice League. It was originally intended to be 2 movies and was completely different. It was rumored tho, that a "Snyder cut" existed and fans wanted it. The studio denied any such thing.

Fast forward and AT&T, who own DC/Warner along with HBO, are looking for their "The Mandalorian" to drum up subs and compete with Disney. They get wind of the Snyder cut and are now letting Zach turn it into a 6 or 7 episode series for HBO Max with a 20 mil budget to finish it up. I guess the whole cast is on board too. After the fiasco with studio interference on the one we got a few "stepped down" or got fired. DC/Warner did not want there to be a Snyder cut and tried to cover it all up in an attempt to hide the fact that they screwed up and ended up losing a tin of money. It's a pretty interesting story actually. There's more to it, but like I said, I'm condensing.
It's going to be a series now? I was hoping for a 3.5 hour Snyder cut movie. All he gets is $20 mill? I think that's what it cost to remove Henry Cavill's mustache... Haha.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's going to be a series now? I was hoping for a 3.5 hour Snyder cut movie. All he gets is $20 mill? I think that's what it cost to remove Henry Cavill's mustache... Haha.
I guess they have 6 or 7 hours of shot footage. Remember, originally it was s'posed to be 2 full movies before studio interference. Just needs to be edited and finished. Probably some reshoots too to stretch it out some more.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I hope it becomes a TV series or mini-series.
That's the idea. AT&T want their "The Mandalorian" for HBO. For them this is a dollars and cents decision, not ego driven. DC/Warner would rather the whole thing never cropped up because if it's a hit they're going to look very foolish.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's the idea. AT&T want their "The Mandalorian" for HBO. For them this is a dollars and cents decision, not ego driven. DC/Warner would rather the whole thing never cropped up because if it's a hit they're going to look very foolish.
If it actually becomes a TV series with the same cast, I would guess it's going to cost a lot more than $30 million.

But I do hope it becomes a TV series. Way better than Henry Cavill's "Witcher" series. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If it actually becomes a TV series with the same cast, I would guess it's going to cost a lot more than $30 million.

But I do hope it becomes a TV series. Way better than Henry Cavill's "Witcher" series. :D
From what I gather most of it is shot and in the can. The 20 mil is for any additional reshoots and finishing up digital effects.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

From what I understand Steppenwolf's role is reduced in Snyder's version and Darkseid is the main big bad this time. We might get Steppenwolf first, but it was originally meant to lead up to Darkseid. Who btw, is one of the most epic villains in all of comics. He's who Thanos was based on!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I hope the newer Wonder Woman is better. I did not think much effort was made on the first one. Yes the lead actor was great and stunning looking, but still. She looks Latin. Yep I know she is Jewish. I may try HBO max if they have a free trial. Anything JL I’m interested in. ;)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
And I really liked "The Witcher"! It beat the snot out of the last couple seasons of Game of Thrones!
The remake of Full House (fuller house? fullest house?) beat the snot out of GoT... One Day at a Time redux as well for that matter.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The remake of Full House (fuller house? fullest house?) beat the snot out of GoT... One Day at a Time redux as well for that matter.
Pretty sure my kids Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show beat the last season of GoT. Pretty low bar.

Insane to think they would have screwed it up so badly after watching the first few seasons.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis