furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I am thinking about using external amps with the pre-outs on the new Yamaha receivers. Does YPAO work with external amps connected? Or does YPAO only work with the receiver's internal amps?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes! It works. I have a rx-v1400 with an Adcom 7605! Awesome! :D

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
That's so cool! :eek: :D

However, I only have 1 external 2 channel amp. So I will use the external amp to power the front 2 channels, and use the receiver's amp to power the rest of the channels. Will YPAO still work when hooked up like this?

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
zumbo said:
Have you decided on an amp?
I have an old Yamaha 2 channel amp. Now all I have to do is to get a Yamaha receiver with pre-outs. Any suggestions? :)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I love to help find products! Will you be using the old Yamaha? If looking for a new one, how much power would you like & what's the budget?

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
My old Yamaha 2 channel amp is about 200 watts/channel. So that should be plenty for the 2 front channels.

I don't know if I should go for the 2500 or the 1400. Aside from the power ratings, is there anything else that is different about these 2 models?

I am looking to spend about $500 or so.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
If you have the funds, you may want the 2500 or even the 1500. But if you don't need the new features, I think the 2400 or the 1400 is a good choice. Since you are planning on adding an amp, I would get the 1400. I am not sure of the new features on the 2500/1500, but there are plenty of threads about it.

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
I used YPAO once on my new 1500 and after that it wouldn't let me turn any of the things it checks for on when I tried to run it again - ot sure what I did wrong. I have a quick question about using preouts too. If you use an external amp does the volume control on the yamaha still work or do you have to adjust all volumes from the external amp?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Larry,
Concerning your YPAO problem: Is your memory guard on?

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
I figured the YPAO thing out, I had to go down through the auto menu to where it says SETUP..........RELOAD and then press the < key and then it changes to SETUP...........CHECK and I can go back through and change everything to check or skip

T

threewheel42

Audioholic Intern
Just bought the 2500 ...finished initial setup tonight...I like it. Much more intuitive remote than my previous Denon and nice sound too...although I will probably tweak after I have had it for a while. There sure are a lot of features...this could take me months.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
larry7995 said:
I used YPAO once on my new 1500 and after that it wouldn't let me turn any of the things it checks for on when I tried to run it again - ot sure what I did wrong. I have a quick question about using preouts too. If you use an external amp does the volume control on the yamaha still work or do you have to adjust all volumes from the external amp?
You use the volume on the receiver. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis