YPAO disregarding my sub....why?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
When i run YPAO it acts like my subwoofer is not on and it disregards it. I have a PB2000 SVS and I have it set to always on and it “sees”all my other speakers. I have run it 5 times with the same result.WHY?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I dont use ypao, but recently ran audyssey and at first it told me the sub was set to low. I had to increase the volume on the svs sub to I think 10 before audyssey would run. Beyond that IDK.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
You have the Yamaha RX-A3080 I looked into my crystal ball. :D

I'm not familiar with the functions of that model. maybe the microphone isn't working maybe the lead is damage I don't know can you please expand more detail as the YPAO should be receiving the the tone noise each and from the speakers.

The usual manual its European so should be the same except for the mains volatge diffrence maybe something in the manual can unravle the problum? Page 55 in the manual may explain.
https://europe.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/1197630/web_AV17-0221_RX-A3080_2080_om_UCRABGLF_En_A0.pdf

Last edited:
Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
You have the Yamaha RX-A3080 I looked into my crystal ball. :D

I'm not familiar with the functions of that model. maybe the microphone isn't working maybe the lead is damage I don't know can you please expand more detail as the YPAO should be receiving the the tone noise each and from the speakers.

The usual manual its European so should be the same except for the mains volatge diffrence maybe something in the manual can unravle the problum? Page 55 in the manual may explain.
https://europe.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/1197630/web_AV17-0221_RX-A3080_2080_om_UCRABGLF_En_A0.pdf
The YPAO is working, it sets all other speakers but the sub. I sent an email to SVS and they said it might be because the sub has a delay to turn it on when it receives a signal so it will go into standby when no signal is present. To get past that I should make sure that delay was turned off and the sub was set to always on. I did that and when I ran YAPO again it still did the same as before.

When i set the sub manually it plays but I would like to haveYAPO adjust to match all the other speakers like it supposed to. No tone comes from the sub but does from all the other speakers.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The YPAO is working, it sets all other speakers but the sub. I sent an email to SVS and they said it might be because the sub has a delay to turn it on when it receives a signal so it will go into standby when no signal is present. To get past that I should make sure that delay was turned off and the sub was set to always on. I did that and when I ran YAPO again it still did the same as before.

When i set the sub manually it plays but I would like to haveYAPO adjust to match all the other speakers like it supposed to. No tone comes from the sub but does from all the other speakers.
This happens no matter where you have gain on the sub set when running YPAO?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Had it set at 1pm but turned it all the way up. Will run YAPO again when I can (thanks andyblack cat). Will see if that helpso_O.

I may seen like a noob, but I’m learning thanks to this forum.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
We are, "all noobs" here as the market moves fast and new or more of the same but never mind about that now.
I looked to see if there was a 101 how to set up YAPO and came upon this I surely do help it can resolve your difficulty with your Yamaha RX-A3080.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I came across a home users YAPO he's using a few model below yours I guess the RX-A3060 but the layout of the YPAO seems the same hope it can help in some way.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis