YouTube hides Dislike Count. With a lame excuse.

jinjuku

jinjuku

If you ever wondered is there really a leftist conspiracy to silence any dissent I give you this video from YT themselves but also a pic that defeats their narrative:

"YouTube experimented with making the public dislike count private to see if it would help reduce dislike attacks across the platform. And after analysis conducted in July of this year, we did see a reduction."

Because most people thinking you just up and up disabled it (i.e. disabled their voice) may have given up on you. This is nuts. And even with the disabling we can still quite clearly see you haven't fooled anyone.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
If it makes you feel better, you can dislike this post to get it out of your system.

jinjuku

jinjuku

If it makes you feel better, you can dislike this post to get it out of your system.
This will end up backfiring on YT. Just like Yelp and the Pizzeria stars for cash shakedown. The owner simply asked everyone to vote one star on Yelp if they liked his Pizza.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just disliked your post just so you feel better. You owe me.

Reminds me of what swept thru corporate business some years ago about never saying anything negative....

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
So the fact that Brietbart, GWP, etc, will ban people who comment that the last president lost the election fairly and is just an insatiable crybaby is a leftist conspiracy?

please explain.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Let alone how far right one must be to believe that the "leftists" are much of anything in the first place.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If you ever wondered is there really a leftist conspiracy to silence any dissent I give you this video from YT themselves but also a pic that defeats their narrative:

"YouTube experimented with making the public dislike count private to see if it would help reduce dislike attacks across the platform. And after analysis conducted in July of this year, we did see a reduction."

Because most people thinking you just up and up disabled it (i.e. disabled their voice) may have given up on you. This is nuts. And even with the disabling we can still quite clearly see you haven't fooled anyone.
Wow! I was wondering why I didn't see the dislikes on our videos recently. Pretty lame.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree It is a lame move, but I disagree with jinjuku, this has nothing to do with politics.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What do you feel it has to do with then. Just curious on your take on the situation
Reducing user control on content: https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/17/22787080/youtube-dislikes-criticism-cofounder-jawed-karim-first-video-description-zoo. Their long term goal is to be more like Netflix which doesn't have like or dislike buttons.
Plus it's not like the first they do something so stupid:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I agree It is a lame move, but I disagree with jinjuku, this has nothing to do with politics.
What kinds of videos do you watch on YouTube? If you aren't a YT viewer, maybe you're not aware that a lot of the videos posted are political and this was just a way to stop unlikes on a large scale without the need to make the algorithm more complex.

If they start to dump videos from only one political side, THEN, it will be more apparent.

jinjuku

jinjuku

What kinds of videos do you watch on YouTube? If you aren't a YT viewer, maybe you're not aware that a lot of the videos posted are political and this was just a way to stop unlikes on a large scale without the need to make the algorithm more complex.

If they start to dump videos from only one political side, THEN, it will be more apparent.
I watch a lot of tutorial. Everything from wood working, to electronics, to Python programming etc. I also create some tutorial content and don't mind the dislikes. You're content and competencies should be of a nature to withstand a few dislikes.

Netflix isn't the same as it's not a an open, un-curated, platform.

I don't think the dumping of videos from a particular segment has happened on YT as of yet but it has happened on other platforms.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Reducing user control on content: https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/17/22787080/youtube-dislikes-criticism-cofounder-jawed-karim-first-video-description-zoo. Their long term goal is to be more like Netflix which doesn't have like or dislike buttons.
Plus it's not like the first they do something so stupid:
Jawed doesn't often pop his head up but when he does it's worth a listen. I agree that Google is fuckingup YouTube.

***BTW Jawed is a co-founder of YouTube***

jinjuku

jinjuku

So the fact that Brietbart, GWP, etc, will ban people who comment that the last president lost the election fairly and is just an insatiable crybaby is a leftist conspiracy?

please explain.
That's just as messed up. Neither has the YT reach and the manicured neutral position of YT.

highfigh

highfigh

I watch a lot of tutorial. Everything from wood working, to electronics, to Python programming etc. I also create some tutorial content and don't mind the dislikes. You're content and competencies should be of a nature to withstand a few dislikes.

Netflix isn't the same as it's not a an open, un-curated, platform.

I don't think the dumping of videos from a particular segment has happened on YT as of yet but it has happened on other platforms.
I think YT is great for finding info on how to do things, even if some of the posters are a bit annoying, some really don't know how to explain how to, some are wrong (not making sure to do things safely, correctly, give bad info) but it's easy enough to just hit the back button.

I REALLY hate the ads!

I also like being able to watch the highlights from Brewers, Packers and Bucks games- no need to spend so much time and I really don't care if I watch it in real time unless it's a championship game- that, I'll watch. A few posters on YT are drama queens, though. A guy whose first name is 'Scotty' is one of those- he usually posts videos about cars.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

I watch Youtube nearly every day (cars/trucks/mechanical stuff diagnose and repair, restoration channels, etc), and the amount of content on it is breathtakingly huge. Just because you're interested in politics-related videos and this is what YOUR youtube keeps suggesting doesn't mean this is all there is to it. My sons are watching nearly nothing but cartoons - so their Youtube suggestions are nothing but cartoons.
Even if Youtube political content is massive, as you state, there are OCEANs more stuff that has nothing to do with politics.

highfigh

highfigh

I watch Youtube nearly every day (cars/trucks/mechanical stuff diagnose and repair, restoration channels, etc), and the amount of content on it is breathtakingly huge. Just because you're interested in politics-related videos and this is what YOUR youtube keeps suggesting doesn't mean this is all there is to it. My sons are watching nearly nothing but cartoons - so their Youtube suggestions are nothing but cartoons.
Even if Youtube political content is massive, as you state, there are OCEANs more stuff that has nothing to do with politics.
Where did you get the idea that I'm interested in the political content? It's hard to avoid because it just shows up and once someone watches a few, it comes up even if the watch & search histories have been cleared and the app has been closed.

There's some really whacko crap on their- if someone wants conspiracy theories, that's a pretty good place to search.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Where did you get the idea that I'm interested in the political content? It's hard to avoid because it just shows up and once someone watches a few, it comes up even if the watch & search histories have been cleared and the app has been closed.

There's some really whacko crap on their- if someone wants conspiracy theories, that's a pretty good place to search.
It doesn't show up for me at all. Again, Youtube suggestions are based on previous search results.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis