YouTube Audio Gurus?

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
What we all get from Audio Equipment Reviews on YouTube are opinions about how whatever is being reviewed affects the sound of music. This seems to me to be totally absurd the more I think about it. There's one exception, the one right here, but I wonder do folks actually make purchases based on what some totally uncredentialed hobbyist making YouTube Videos might say is the best?

M

mjcmt

Audioholic
I think some of the YouTube reviewers are good at relating their equipment choices in context to what they're parterning their gear with. I feel a lot can be gleaned about the subtle differences if you take the time to analyze their results. I don't have the luxury to audition gear so this is the next best thing for me.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Like all test reviews....
Before one accepts their conclusions the results need to be tempered... :rolleyes:
Too many guys on YouTube would be better off testing snow blowers or chain saws rather than audio components...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A YouTube review can give some information about user interface, handling, apparent build quality and so on. For the actual sound quality as such, not so much in general.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Many youtubers I find useless, particularly with audio. They more like the idea of yakking while we watch them opine. The AH videos, audiosciencereview and Erin's Audio Corner videos are reliable, tho.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis