mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
My porch.

Rolling papers.
re: porch
well if i were your neighbors (hint hint) i wouldn't have reported you.
i would mind my own business if MJ was all that was happening.

so when the cops came by, they came into your property when they saw you? i don't think they'd come in unless they saw or smelled you.

re: rolling papers
aah i thought something "consumable" was not considered paraphernalia ... it was only paper!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
My porch.

Rolling papers.
Rolling papers are not drug paraphernalia. They are designed to roll loose tobacco. The officer will have to prove that you used them for an illegal purpose. I suspect the only way he can prove that is if you admitted you used them for MJ.

Now is a good time for a great lesson on dealing with the police, from a law school lecture. Set aside some time. These are long but very instructional.

Last edited by a moderator:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Are you a pothead Focker?.
Rolling papers are not drug paraphernalia. They are designed to roll loose tobacco. The officer will have to prove that you used them for an illegal purpose. I suspect the only way he can prove that is if you admitted you used them for MJ.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Are you a pothead Focker?.
No, but I won't deny that I've indulged on occasion, mostly when I was younger. I'm not opposed to people having a toke around me. In the rare circumstance under the right conditions, I might just have a couple tokes myself but it's usually years between occurrences.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That was more of a joke based on "Meet the Fockers"....;)
No, but I won't deny that I've indulged on occasion, mostly when I was younger. I'm not opposed to people having a toke around me. In the rare circumstance under the right conditions, I might just have a couple tokes myself but it's usually years between occurrences.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That was more of a joke based on "Meet the Fockers"....;)
I turned that movie off after about 10 minutes viewing. I do have some taste, unlike others here...

PS - stop posting, watch my videos. You may need this info some day.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Me? I don't need to watch it...I come from a long history of lawyers and lawmen...I can get away with anything.

Meet the Fockers was very funny.
I turned that movie off after about 10 minutes viewing. I do have some taste, unlike others here...

PS - stop posting, watch my videos. You may need this info some day.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Cannabis has a deleterious effect on reproductive health.
It would be pretty sweet if they figured out how cannabis does that and made a pill that makes it so you only shoot duds.... that way you don't have any unwanted rugrats running around.

I kid, I kid. :D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
My thoughts are inline with the Dawg and that I think it's not morally acceptable behavior but I'm not going to judge what you choose to do in the privacy of your own home.
What exactly is not morally acceptable with smoking pot? When one considers the reason for the legal status of marijuana it is fairly clear morals have nothing to do with this situation please see my first post in the thread here for a short background.

The same moral failure/decline argument should be then transposed to alcohol and tobacco use as well as the generally lazy (physically and mentally), gluttonous lifestyle of the majority of American's. Personally, I see the lazy attitude a larger moral decline than anything else, but most would probably call me a heathen because I fall more into the category of secular humanist than one of religion.

As far as the pot ruining lives debate goes this is a hard one to find a true answer to. The question is does pot cause the negative effects in life or is it the illegal subculture created by the legal status of pot. Most current research points towards the latter rather than the former. Now take into context the social, political and economic effect of the most losing war in American history, the 'drug war', and you will see that it costs the nation billions in a variety of ways:

1) Policing of the drug
2) Prison, court and legal costs of those caught breaking the law
3) The social cost on ones life when they are jailed and then released or have a charge put on their record
4) The large amounts of time spent by the political elite dealing with these issues.

Certainly, using MJ is a personal choice and because it is illegal if you are caught there are repercussions that must be faced, but the law's original intent was not for moral reasons and the social circles/stigmatization that such laws have created are doing far more harm then good.

In fact, the only reason prohibition did not work was primarily because, at the time, alcohol was a predominantly white man drug before the laws were set into place. In contrast, when pot was made illegal it was specifically to target and marginalize an ethnicity - if it had already been established as socially acceptable for whites this debate would not be occuring.

If you want to get all philosophical about it, I'd suggest reading up on Socrates and the "social contract". Socrates taught (and I'm totally paraphrasing since I haven't read Socrates since 1999) that it was the duty of a citizen to fight against the laws of the state that they may disagree with. However, if you're unable to change the law and you choose to remain living in that state (Socrates would make the argument that if laws were so disagreeable a citizen should choose to live elsewhere), that by making such a choice you are knowingly agreeing to live by those laws and if you violate them you will willingly acknowledge the consequences. [/Philosophy Lesson].
Very true, Socrates was even an exemplar of this belief when he was executed for his breaking a law believed unjust.

Wasn't Emile Durkheim the biggest believer in the need for crime and deviation to bring us better laws? For if no one ever committed a crime, no laws would ever change. I'm sure that's a two edged sword, but an argument with merit.
Not necessarily better laws, but crime and deviance are what in effect creates laws.

“An act is criminal when it offends the strong, well-defined states of the collective conscience” (Divisions of Labor in Society P. 39)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm now curious how many of these posts were written while the person was high. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Regarding the video (2nd was is no longer available) my take is that if you don't talk to the police you are going to be talking to a lawyer and a judge. That whole spiel just sounds like a lawyer drumming up work for lawyers. I've had cops let me go for drinking and driving, reckless driving and marijuana charges multiple times on each count for telling the truth. No judges or lawyers got paid. Man I can't stand lawyers and that guy is the most offensive one I've ever seen.

EDIT: Oops, I just remembered that one of the times I got arrested it was because I told the truth. No convictions though so it's all good. Still, at least 1/2 a dozen avoided arrests is a fair shake.

More edit: It just occurred to me that I lied whenever they asked me how much I had to drink.
But still, not talking to them would have been the cuffs.

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Regarding the video (2nd was is no longer available) my take is that if you don't talk to the police you are going to be talking to a lawyer and a judge.
Second video still worked for me. You crashed it.:mad:

If the police do end up charging you, at least you have not given them the means to convict you. Personally, I would rather face a judge where the police have no evidence and no incriminating statements.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It would be pretty sweet if they figured out how cannabis does that and made a pill that makes it so you only shoot duds.... that way you don't have any unwanted rugrats running around.

I kid, I kid. :D
Oh, they are working on male contraception:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
If you're taking it for medical reasons, can you get a medical prescription for it?

Yes, you do, but that doesn't stop the feds or some counties or municipalities.:eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If the police do end up charging you, at least you have not given them the means to convict you. Personally, I would rather face a judge where the police have no evidence and no incriminating statements.
In my case the convictions would have been slam dunks and the only thing that saved me was my ability to keep my monkey in check. Plausible answers delivered with respect have served me well. I just got like $850 worth of parking tickets and associated fees reduced to $120 by letting people help me. I got the prosecutor to see it my way and the judge further helped me out by rescinding a license revocation that would have cost money to correct.

I know that not all situations are the same and sometimes keeping quiet is best but listening to lawyers will get you tied up with lawyers. What that guy had to say in that video would have gotten me arrested and convicted well over a half a dozen times and the legal fees would have been astronomical.

Eff him and the horse he rode in on, with all due respect.
Lawyers are the devil.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis