Your opinion 1 Halo A21 or 2 Halo A23

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
I am planning to buy Halo and when I checked out the price of A21 it is more than 2*A23.
A23 can deliver 400W in mono bridged mode when comparing to 250W/channel for A21.

Why would I buy one A21 instead of buying two A23?

Could you please put some inside truth/secret that I'm missing.

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
Unhhh..........am I the only one who does not understand it?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Unhhh..........am I the only one who does not understand it?
There is no inside truth about it. If you don't care about having 2 amps then definitely go for it. Some people just like having one single unit.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
A23 can deliver 400W in mono bridged mode when comparing to 250W/channel for A21.
I've never looked at it that way. Sounds like a good plan. But I have read somewhere that "bridged" isn't the best, or isn't the way to go for some reason.

I will try to find it.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
when bridged, you are limited to using them on an 8 ohm speaker. (unlike the NC series, the HALO doesn't have the 4ohm 2 ohm switch)

plus the fact the there's more THD when using bridged - whether this is audible or not ... I do not know.

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
Sounds to me that not many people thought like this ;-)

Yes I noticed that it will limit me to 8 ohm, but when I'm planning to drive Studio 100 then it should not matter, right?

I will monitor the thread to track plus and minuses.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Also try e-mailing your question to Parasound. When I had a slight problem with the P-3 I e-mailed them. I was answered not by a salesman but the engineer that designed the unit who helped me troubleshoot the problem. Great company Parasound.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds to me that not many people thought like this ;-)

believe me, i've thought about this too - i've been counting the pennies

Yes I noticed that it will limit me to 8 ohm, but when I'm planning to drive Studio 100 then it should not matter, right?

right, i'm using bridged amps on 8ohm towers as well ... but call it the cheap version of the A21

I will monitor the thread to track plus and minuses.
my replies in red

Last edited by a moderator:
M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic
my replies in red
That's great.
So do you see any issue while you are running them in bridged mode?
Why did you say call them cheap version of A21?

Last edited by a moderator:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
because I use Behringer A500's (around 180-200 bucks only) but they have similar power ratings and configurations as the HALO amp ... 120wpc stereo mode and 360wpc bridged mode ... the only differences are: better aesthetics on the HALO and 12v triggers.

no I don't see any issues running them in bridged mode when using 8 ohm speakers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis