Your Feedback on New System

K

kitjv

Audioholic Intern
After a few months of research & auditioning, I have identified a 2-channel system that seems to have the synergy that appeals to my jazz-listening tastes. Aside from the subjectivity of individual listening preferences, I would really appreciate your comments on anything that I might not have considered when I decided on the separates below. Since I have not opened my wallet yet, I want to be assured that I made the correct choice. Thank you.

Cambridge Audio 840c CDP
Rogue Perseus Preamp
Rotel RB-1080 power amp
Paradigm Studio 100 v.4 speakers

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like a great system, be sure to post pictures when you do get it.

I do have one thought here though. Have you considered getting the Studio 40s with a subwoofer instead? The Studio 40s have smaller less resonant cabinets and still get down pretty low. You could even stand not having a subwoofer for a while until you can afford to get the one you want. Don't underestimate bookshelf speakers, many folks prefer them to towers.:)

J

John Bailey

Audioholic
Seth=L makes a good point, and, I would think, especially for Jazz. Either way, tower or stand, it's my kind of system - good choices.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kitjv

Audioholic Intern
Looks like a great system, be sure to post pictures when you do get it.

I do have one thought here though. Have you considered getting the Studio 40s with a subwoofer instead? The Studio 40s have smaller less resonant cabinets and still get down pretty low. You could even stand not having a subwoofer for a while until you can afford to get the one you want. Don't underestimate bookshelf speakers, many folks prefer them to towers.:)
I think that he Studio 100s will be more compatible with the size of my large listening room. Truth be known, I REALLY loved the Signature S8s. But too big in both size & price.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I think that he Studio 100s will be more compatible with the size of my large listening room. Truth be known, I REALLY loved the Signature S8s. But too big in both size & price.
Thats perfectly fine, because it's about what you like and want, it sure as hell isn't about me.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis