Your Favorite Steely Dan Album

Favorite Steely Dan Album:

• Total voters
jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
You should ALL be listening to Steely Dan. And while every album is awesome, there must be one, at least one, that sits above the rest for you. So vote!

20to20K

Full Audioholic
I wish all my tests had questions this easy..

Aja is not only the greatest Steely Dan album ever...it's got to be one
of my five greatest albums by any artist is any genre ever.

Kind of Blue and Abraxous both come to mind...but Aja is right up
there with both of them!

I'd say Royal Scam is second...a distant second.

jaguars_fan

jaguars_fan

Junior Audioholic
Hands down, Aja has my vote! The second place, IMHO is Gaucho. Hey Nineteen is probably one of the greatest Steely Dan songs out there! :D

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I must say that I voted for Countdown to Ecstasy, because it's the one that really is my favorite. I will agree that Aja is the best, but still Countdown is my favorite. It's kind of like talking about tubed and solid state amps. While a top-flight solid state amp may have the lowest distortion, the most power, and the most neutral character (meaning it's the best), an old tube amp might be your favorite because of what it does to the music. For me, Countdown does that: it's special.

M

mitch57

Audioholic
I am spoiled and have been pretty much buying only DVD-A and SACDs. I have every one of Steely Dan's albums including the Donald Fagen albums (that I know of) that are recorded in either SACD or DVD-A. Is Aja recorded in either DVD-A or SACD?

Where can I get a list of all the albums that Steely Dan recorded in SACD and DVD-A?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis