Your Favorite Sealed Sub?

J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
Looking around at some sealed subs and would love some input from the community. Name your favorite sealed sub(s), why you like it, and how you think it excels. Ported subs with a port plug that happen to sound good configured that way would be welcome too.

I can't say much on this topic other than the fact that I have some bass guitar cabs and the sealed ones sound far and away better than my ported ones. I would love to bring what I am hearing playing my basses into my HT too.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Haven’t had tons of subs for comparison, but I like my Hsu ULS-15 MK2.

I’ve never heard of a sealed bass guitar cabinet. Who makes those?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
Haven’t had tons of subs for comparison, but I like my Hsu ULS-15 MK2.

I’ve never heard of a sealed bass guitar cabinet. Who makes those?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Hey Wayne,

I have an Ampeg 2x10 and a 1x15 that are sealed. I think there are a few other companies that make them, but ever since I bought these I haven't looked for any others.

J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
What volume does the sealed subwoofer have to fill

Oh wow, those are nice. They might be a bit much for my small-medium sized living room though. I am looking for a single speaker sub, somewhere in the 10 inch to 15 inch range. I appreciate you mentioning those though. I had never seen them before. Never hurts to plan for the future.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well my favorites are the ones I built of course :). Otherwise it would be my Epik Empire. If I was buying subs again and had some cash I'd look at Deep Sea Sounds' offerings using the SI HS-24. Maybe Funk or Seaton, too. The Hsu ULS-15 would be quite acceptable (or the VTF-15H or VTF3-mk5 for the ported with options).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'm recommending these based on Tom V

And I'm recommending these based on SVS's legendary performance

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Oh wow, those are nice. They might be a bit much for my small-medium sized living room though. I am looking for a single speaker sub, somewhere in the 10 inch to 15 inch range. I appreciate you mentioning those though. I had never seen them before. Never hurts to plan for the future.
Hope on the New PSA pre-order for the new dual 12inch sub.

tapatalk_1961683816.jpg

E

eyecatcher

Enthusiast
I like my Rythmik F15HP. Very articulate deep bass. Lots of tuning options.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I have the Rythmik F12. It works well in my small room (13' by 17'). It's a small sealed 12" sub.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My Velodyne DD-15 continues to soldier on and do it's job........

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I second the Hsu ULS-15 MK2 suggestion - love mine!

J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
I have the Rythmik F12. It works well in my small room (13' by 17'). It's a small sealed 12" sub.
I was actually looking at that one. Your room and mine are about the same size and I figured the 15 mentioned by eyecatcher might be a bit much. Thanks for the info.

D

depechefan

Audioholic
I have the SVS SB4000. That sounds very good. Lots of power but also very detailed sound. Definitely the best sub I've had.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That's an interesting one. I can't say I have ever heard it in person. I'll have to see if I can find one locally.
It's a beast! Rythmik is based in Austin Tx, for what it's worth. I picked mine up B stock many years ago.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I was actually looking at that one. Your room and mine are about the same size and I figured the 15 mentioned by eyecatcher might be a bit much. Thanks for the info.
It's a great sub. Good for music and movies. The HSU is a great one too. You couldn't go wrong either way.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis