Your dream home theatre system

G

Giuseppe

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys

Almost every thread I read on this forum people say "these are the best speakers for the money" or "That is the best sub for the money". Well I want to know what you think are the best speakers in the world. No more best for the price, what ARE the best no matter the price. Please give me the names of the speakers, and pictures are always good too.

Thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
There are already threads like this. The problem with posing such a question is that speakers are very subjective. My favorite speaker might sound like garbage to someone else. Even if we're looking for accurate reproduction, each individual setup has different requirements, so one "best" for Abbey Road might be totally different than a "best" for a wealthy music lover.

majorloser

majorloser

I haven't a clue!

I've never auditioned anything in those "sky's the limit" price catagories. That being said, if a tractor-trailer (and a forklift) was to show up at my front door and say they have a Krell HEAT Inferno system to deliver that is all mine FOR FREE, I wouldn't turn them away. :rolleyes:

It's good to have dreams...........

A

AudioArcher

Audioholic
Speakers

Jax is absolutely right. Can't be said. The bottom line is that the best speakers in the world are the ones that sound the best to YOU. And your hearing will change as the years progress. What sounded good to you when you were 21 probably won't when you are 41. I know mine has, just from when I was 42 and now that I am 52, the difference in my hearing and what and how I hear it is amazing to me. But I am still a critical listener and never put anyone down for their taste in equipment and music. To each his own. The point is to find something or things that give you enjoyment when you listen to it. Good luck on your quest.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
agreed about the subjectivity. but as you will see, my choices render that moot.

subwoofer:
DUAL Velodyne DD-18
DUAL Axiom EP 600
DUAL SVS PB Ultra/2
(did I mention I was into car subs before?)

Speakers:
Im not picky on speakers ...
7 pieces B&W 604 S3
or my existing speakers will do.

Receiver:
Flagship Yamaha

Processor:
Rotel RSP-1098

Power:
three Rotel RB1092
one Rotel RB1091

give me these and I will be happy for a few days. (weeks even)

G

Giuseppe

Junior Audioholic
mike c said:
agreed about the subjectivity. but as you will see, my choices render that moot.

subwoofer:
DUAL Velodyne DD-18
DUAL Axiom EP 600
DUAL SVS PB Ultra/2
(did I mention I was into car subs before?)

Speakers:
Im not picky on speakers ...
7 pieces B&W 604 S3
or my existing speakers will do.

Receiver:
Flagship Yamaha

Processor:
Rotel RSP-1098

Power:
three Rotel RB1092
one Rotel RB1091

give me these and I will be happy for a few days. (weeks even)
Thats a nice setup, how much do you think all that would cost? See this is the sort of thing that I want. Tell me what YOUR dream system would be, not considering cost of course. I don't care if it is your subjective view on things I want to know what people think are the best speakers in the world.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
From this thread http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19218

This isn't crazy by any means, but is what I would be satisfied with for years(prices may not be right).

Fronts - Energy Veritas V2.4i's $5500 CAD
Center - Energy Veritas V2.0Ci $2000 CAD
Rears (all 4) - Energy Veritas V2.0Ri $2000 CAD PR.
Subwoofers (all 4) - Velodyne DD-15 $~3500US EACH
Receiver - Yamaha RVX 2600 1500 CAD
Amps - Rotel RMB 1095, Rotel RB 1092 $N/A
DVD player - Deno 5910 $4500 CAD
Display - Mitsubishi WD-73827 73" 1080p DLP TV $N/A
RealTraps - Mondo Room Kit $2299 US

BlueJeans Cables - ~$200, maybe more.

Something like that..

SheepStar
SheepStar
EDIT: Post 2500!

G

Giuseppe

Junior Audioholic
Wow, thats a crazy nice system. I am gonna go and check those things out. And damn I searched the forum for another thread like this but couldnt find it. That thread has some good stuff in it too.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I also posted on the thread Sheep linked. Check it out.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jaxvon said:
I also posted on the thread Sheep linked. Check it out.
What is it, hm? Bic? Jaxvons BIC experience! ROFL :rolleyes:

SheepStar

R

rolyasm

Full Audioholic
My dream system:

Samsung DVD-progressive scan ,of course,
15" CRT TV, color, probably Hitachi
Altec Lansing 5.1 surround system with included 5" subwoofer
Denon 205 receiver WITH FM radio tuner. I know that's asking a lot.
That should do it. Any questions?
Roly
:p

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Giuseppe said:
Hey guys

Almost every thread I read on this forum people say "these are the best speakers for the money" or "That is the best sub for the money". Well I want to know what you think are the best speakers in the world. No more best for the price, what ARE the best no matter the price. Please give me the names of the speakers, and pictures are always good too.

Thanks

To meet your needs, one would have to hire a research lab like the NRC in Canada that can do DBT comparisons and rate them appropriately, and test all the speakers on the planet for such audio use.

http://miragespeakers.com/nrc_story.shtml
this link is useful as it discusses the 'NRC Story' This is not intended to make a judgement about the Mirage speakers just that they are discussing what is needed.
Everything else from reviews, are iffy and unreliable. So, in the end, there is no answer for you.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mtrycrafts said:
To meet your needs, one would have to hire a research lab like the NRC in Canada that can do DBT comparisons and rate them appropriately, and test all the speakers on the planet for such audio use.

http://miragespeakers.com/nrc_story.shtml
this link is useful as it discusses the 'NRC Story' This is not intended to make a judgement about the Mirage speakers just that they are discussing what is needed.
Everything else from reviews, are iffy and unreliable. So, in the end, there is no answer for you.
Translation:

I like Bose 3-2-1 GS systems and boom boxes with 2inch paper tweeters. :rolleyes: Can I get a monster power bar that will improve treble response, bass response, and prolong the life of your stereo system?

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Giuseppe said:
Thats a nice setup, how much do you think all that would cost? See this is the sort of thing that I want. Tell me what YOUR dream system would be, not considering cost of course. I don't care if it is your subjective view on things I want to know what people think are the best speakers in the world.
the ones I listed are about 32,000 USD
plus the TV I already have 5,100 USD

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sheep said:
Translation:

I like Bose 3-2-1 GS systems and boom boxes with 2inch paper tweeters. :rolleyes: Can I get a monster power bar that will improve treble response, bass response, and prolong the life of your stereo system?

SheepStar

Its gotta be personal cause I sure didn't read that into what mytr posted

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
I would love to have this system.

Parasound Halo C1
Parasound Halo A52 (Center/Surrounds)
Parasound Halo A23 (7.5 Surround, See Halo C1's Features)
Parasound Halo A21 (Front L/R)

Denon DV5910
Sony Ruby with Panamorph 2.35CH Lense
135in Wide x 50in High Screen

Definitive BP7000sc (Front L/R)
Definitive CLR3000 (Center)
Definitive BP7006 (7.5 Surround)
Definitive BPXV/P (Side/Surround Back)
Definitive SuperCube Trinity (LFE/ 7.5 Surround LFE)

This would be My Ultimate Rig

~Bob

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis