You Tired of Subscription Model Content Yet?

Are you tired of Subscription Model Content Yet?

• Yes. Silver Disc for me only

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No. I'm loving all of the paid subscription services.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Maybe. I pick and choose paid content services as needed.

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
4k content is best streamed and with little to no loss in quality
It's hard for me to take the article seriously after reading that part. Even with a 2K projector using a scaler device, it's obvious how much sharper and more perfect the images are from a good 4K UHD disc than even better streaming sources like iTunes. Look at the grain clarity in a film conversion. iTunes is smoothed and UHD discs show perfect grain patterns. DTS:X (I own 54 native movie titles) and Auro-3D titles (I own 27 native movies and a dozen or so music albums) are only on disc thus far so there is more than one reason to go disc.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Ninja
It's hard for me to take the article seriously after reading that part. Even with a 2K projector using a scaler device, it's obvious how much sharper and more perfect the images are from a good 4K UHD disc than even better streaming sources like iTunes. Look at the grain clarity in a film conversion. iTunes is smoothed and UHD discs show perfect grain patterns. DTS:X (I own 54 native movie titles) and Auro-3D titles (I own 27 native movies and a dozen or so music albums) are only on disc thus far so there is more than one reason to go disc.
The sound is usually much better on BlueRay 1080p than streaming in UHD, in my experience. Often even the picture quality, as you wrote, on my LG OLED. Dolby Vision looks great if the streaming quality is good, but Amazon UHD HDR looks awful with gross compression artefacts in dark parts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis