CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Hey hey,

I sell home theatre at Circuit City and I have a fun system at home. I've always wanted to find an audiophile forum but I never looked for one. Now it seems I've found the right place!

Just wanted to introduce myself!

~Chuck

PS. I found this trying to find some good songs for a demo disc for use at work. I like to have a variety of styles (minus rap - I've found rap doesn't help when trying to sell some couple a set of speakers and a receiver... :rolleyes: ) Just some full range rock/classical/dance/whatever pieces that I could use!

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
CaliHwyPatrol said:
I've found rap doesn't help when trying to sell some couple a set of speakers and a receiver!
Yeh, but when ya get em into the subwoofer department..... :D

Mort

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
CaliHwyPatrol said:
Hey hey,

I sell home theatre at Circuit City and I have a fun system at home. I've always wanted to find an audiophile forum but I never looked for one. Now it seems I've found the right place!
Welcome but I'm not sure if you found the right place or not if you are looking for audiophiles. This is the anti audiophile forum. ;)

Just curious about your reference to the CHP? I'm always looking for a name to drop just in case a CHP pulls me over on the fwy.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Duffinator said:
Welcome but I'm not sure if you found the right place or not if you are looking for audiophiles. This is the anti audiophile forum. ;)

Just curious about your reference to the CHP? I'm always looking for a name to drop just in case a CHP pulls me over on the fwy.

Thanks guys.

I'm a criminal justice major and I'll be in the academy hopefully a year or two from now.(depending on how well I screw up in school) But my brother is an officer and my mom works at headquarters, so it's kind of in the family.

Namedropping will get you a ticket. CHP are just a$$es like that :D

~Chuck

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
brian32672 said:
Thats funny Duff, already looking for a way out.... You don't drive that bad do you?
I need all the help I can get, especially when driving over 100 mph. ;)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Duffinator said:
I need all the help I can get, especially when driving over 100 mph. ;)
There are places in Sacremento you can get up and over that speed?
We have the Sawgrass Exp. here, and I have hit 120 there..
Shh, don't tell anyone.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
*cough*indicated 140*cough* in Milpitas...that was years ago before gas was expensive... Who me? Not I. A buddy of mine has a picture of his speedo pegged at 150 in a supercharged Integra on I-5 coming back to the bay area from Sacto...

I rolled my last car going over 100... :eek: :( That'll teach me.

Uncle is former SJPD and another is retired Santa Clara County Sheriff.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! Say it with me: "Cops should spend their time solving crimes and protecting the innocent, not sitting in the middle of a highway median collecting funds for the general revenue."

Couldn't resist to plug my favorite pet peeve to an up-and-comer. :)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
j_garcia said:
*cough*indicated 140*cough* in Milpitas...that was years ago before gas was expensive... Who me? Not I.
Thats fast, the fastest I have been in was about 132-135 in a 6.6 T.A. on I-95 going to New York.
I got tired, pulled over and let my friend drive.
He was doing about 80 and we got pulled over, talk about luck.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Clint DeBoer said:
Welcome to the forums! Say it with me: "Cops should spend their time solving crimes and protecting the innocent, not sitting in the middle of a highway median collecting funds for the general revenue."

Couldn't resist to plug my favorite pet peeve to an up-and-comer. :)
Hey, they aren't just a AAA with a lightbar! :D And most of them like to find a good shady spot or bush to hind behind. It is too sunny and hot in the median ;)

For you Sacto people, I live in Elk Grove... :eek: Living in this no-horse town is one of the reasons I got into HT... There is simply nothing else to do!

~Chuck

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
brian32672 said:
Thats fast, the fastest I have been in was about 132-135 in a 6.6 T.A. on I-95 going to New York.
I got tired, pulled over and let my friend drive.
He was doing about 80 and we got pulled over, talk about luck.
LOL, that is lucky. A fool buddy of mine says he was doing about 150 in a Supra late at night and got buzzed by an undercover cop who he happened to pass while doing it... Did not get pulled over (must have been off duty or didn't care), the guy fired up the lights and got along side him, scolded him with a menacing finger and then let him go...! He said "I used one of my 9 lives with that one" LMAO.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
j_garcia said:
LOL, that is lucky. A fool buddy of mine says he was doing about 150 in a Supra
Talk about foolish, Hmm.... Uhmm, I was drunk one night, and was on a Virago 1000, and stupid me was racing a friend in a 600GT Hawk. I was doing about 125-130 and he could not keep up. I blew by a FHP, who did not even bother. My friend passed and said, he did nothing....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hehe. I did one like that, only I DID get caught. Racing at 2 in the morning on Halloween. I'm thinking, there have to be some cops around here...DOH, there they are...busted. Speed contest and speeding but fortunately, I wasn't drinking.

I know guys with bikes who've been up to an indicated 180. That's friggin nuts, even if you are wearing a full ride suit. I would try it under the right conditions, but I've already had one wake-up call and that's more than enough.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis