Yet another "Help me pick a new receiver" Thread

T

techster82

Audioholic Intern
I am in the market to totally revamp my home theater equipment after redoing the living room and buying a new HDTV. The receivers I have narrowed it down to are as follows:

Harman Kardon AVR-135 or AVR-235
Denon AVR1905
Pioneer VSX-1014

The only ones I have personally listened to are the HK models. I do like that the Denon has three Component Inputs as I use that connection for HD receiver, DVD player, and Xbox. All have on screen programming I believe, are in the same price range, and are close to the same specs. It will be used for very little music, mostly TV and movies. The Pioneer has been raved about because of its power and features. The Denon is nice because it is dual zone and upconverts everything to component, and the HK's are a breeze to operate, look good, and are feature rich at their price range. So, let the opinions begin.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
All three would sound great. But you already answered your own question. If the Denon is the only receiver of the three that has three component inputs and you plan on using them then you better buy the Denon.

T

techster82

Audioholic Intern
Well, if I end up getting a Zenith 318 and upconverting my DVD over component I will use all three. But with the HK or Pioneer I could always use the DVI input on my TV for the another upconverting DVD player. If I do that, then the 3rd component input on the Denon would be a spare.

Clay

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis