Yet Another Connection Question ??

T

technolad

Audiophyte
I need to ask this question. I have recently set up a pretty decent HTIB Yamaha YHT-360 connected to a 42" 3LCD Sony WEGA.

It's an AWESOME..setup.... :D

BUT I have two newbie questions

It seems that when I pass a component feed from my dvd player the image at times does not appear that great...

that and when i switch to the antenna feed i get no sound ...sound just stays on the cable box input....

So....could I

Q1

Use the optical output for the surround sound but connect the component cable straight through to the TV's component input ?

Will I have any synching problems?

Q2

When switiching to antenna mode I can Run RCA cables out of the TV but what input on the receiver should I plug them into.....??

Thanks in advance for your reply :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
technolad said:
I need to ask this question. I have recently set up a pretty decent HTIB Yamaha YHT-360 connected to a 42" 3LCD Sony WEGA.
It's an AWESOME..setup.... :D
BUT I have two newbie questions
It seems that when I pass a component feed from my dvd player the image at times does not appear that great...
that and when i switch to the antenna feed i get no sound ...sound just stays on the cable box input....
So....could I
Q1
Use the optical output for the surround sound but connect the component cable straight through to the TV's component input ?
Will I have any synching problems?
Q2
When switiching to antenna mode I can Run RCA cables out of the TV but what input on the receiver should I plug them into.....??
Thanks in advance for your reply :cool:
OK, this may need a few posts:D

What do you mean that the component image from the DVD is not that great, at times. Is it OK mostly? What do you see that is not great? Was the component input on the TV calibrated with a test DVD at least and memorized on the TV?

When you switch to the antenna, I presume that is cable TV. What king of cable TV service are you getting? Is it a digital service or the standard analog? How and what wires come off that cable and to where? Is your receiver used whenever you operate the TV or just when the DVD is the video source?

Optical cable? From the cable box? If so, and if this works, yes, send it to the receiver for processing. Yes, you could run the component directly to the TV. Is there a second component input for the DVD?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis