yammi rx-v2700/yammi dvd-c950/westinghouse lvm-42w2 compatability question

R

rockymtnman

Enthusiast
I have the dvd player and the set top box (hd dish network dvr) connected to the rx-v2700 with hdmi cables, then 1 hdmi cable connecting the
rx-v2700 to the monitor. My problem occurs when I try to play a cd in the dvd player. If the lvm-42w2 is turned on there is no problem, but if the
lvm-42w2 is turned off the sound cuts in and out every 5 seconds or so. When this happens the hdmi light on the dvd player goes off, and the hdmi and pcm lights on the rx-v2700 go off as well. I thought it might be the speaker impedence set incorrectly but that is fine. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI issue

Sounds like an HDMI issue. HDMI requires a response which the TV is providing when it is on. For CD playback, try adding a digital optical or coax cable from your DVD player to the CD input of your receiver. This should solve the dropout problems with HDMI.

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
The firmware or something with the Yammy 950 DVD player is all jacked up. I have that DVD player and it SUCKS using HDMI. Now using Comp Video it is fine. I have it in my show room right now.

RX-V1600 and DVD-C950 if I used HDMI switching it gave me problems, if I went direct with the HDMI cable it gave me problems.

I have it hooked up with Comp Video and have no problems. Now I do not get the upsale that the 950 has with HDMI but the problems that I was having using HDMI and that system was not worth it.

Untill the 1.3 HDMI firmware gets out in force and I see that it works well, we do not use HDMI, and discourage its use. Several AV companies in this area do the same thing.

Cable and Sat boxes are REALLY bad. Like the SA 8300HD was a huge problem for us.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis