Yamaha v563 remote control not controlling volume??

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
Hey everyone, as above I have a Yamaha v563 receiver and the remote control had been having trouble controlling the volume. All other functions seem to work fine, but its mainly the volume that im having problems with. Its as if it needs to be pointing in a very direct position for it to work. I often need to move the remote around while holding the button before it does anything. Just wondering whether its a common thing, and whether I should try a new remote or what?

Have replaced the batteries, I didn't think they would be the problem anyway considering all other operation seem to work fine. Volume is just the most used thing on my remote which makes it a little frustrating.

Could it be interfering with my satelite box as sometimes I used functions on the yamaha remote and it changes a channel or something on the satelite box.

Thanks for anyone who has some ideas, did a quick google but didn't find anything specific, most problems were for universal remotes. Mines just the factory Yamaha one.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
My RX-V1900 Yamaha volume remote started to react very slow after 3 years of abuse(I tried new batteries and cleaned the end you point) so I looked on Ebay and purchased a good used one. All is fine again. I was going to purchase a after market but I wanted to be able to adjust the YPAO so I looked for several weeks until I found a used one. Look on the Yamaha remote for it's model # and see if you get a hit on Ebay. I did every day and a week later scored. Or for about $75.00 Yamaha will sell you a new one. I was going to try to open the remote and clean the volume contacts if I could not find a used one. Good Luck.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for that, I'm on the hunt now for a new remote. Fingers cross it will solve the problem!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis