Yamaha TSR-7850 video lost every few seconds

Needa916

Needa916

Audioholic Intern
I have a strange problem with my Yamaha TSR-7850 connected to my Panasonic plasma TV. It has 2 HDMI outs. When I am watching something or playing Xbox, the picture cuts out every few seconds.

I have already exchanged it for another one and this new one also cuts out.

I have a strange workaround: if I plug in the second HDMI out to my TV, then there is no cut out. The problem is fixed.

I have limited inputs on my TV and I cannot plug everything into my receiver. As you can see in the image the extra HDMI is ugly. Anyone else experiencing this with their receiver?
20190512_190756.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R

ricky124

Audiophyte
Hi, I am having the same issue. The sound cuts in and out at times. The thing is it cuts out at odds times or when the music is getting good and then bam! It cuts for a second. Do you have this second HDMI cable plugged back into the receiver? Or is is just hanging behind your TV? Maybe I have received a lemon like you.

Needa916

Needa916

Audioholic Intern
Hi, I am having the same issue. The sound cuts in and out at times. The thing is it cuts out at odds times or when the music is getting good and then bam! It cuts for a second. Do you have this second HDMI cable plugged back into the receiver? Or is is just hanging behind your TV? Maybe I have received a lemon like you.
I have this 2nd HDMI cable plugged into the 2nd HDMI out on the receiver. Seems to fix my problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Have you tried to just use hdmi 2 out on reciever?
Have you tried swapping hdmi cables?
Different hdmi inputs on the tv itself with reciever hdmi out 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R

ricky124

Audiophyte
I got fed up with the whole issue and I called the store where I bought the TSR-7850 and they initiated a return for a defective product. While, I am not certain what the cause of this issue was have a second wire attached and that was the work around, I was not happy with. This issue made me question whether the rest or the receiver was working properly or if other functions would fail soon. I also bought this receiver refurbished so I that made me question it even more. Thank you for your reply.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis