Yamaha SW215 and SW015 Subs

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Doss anybody have either of these Yamaha subs? I'm looking to use either with my PC and don't want to spend over $100. BB has the 215 on sale for $99 and many online vendors have if for $99 as well. I recently received Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0's from Santa and while I originally didn't think I was going to need a sub now I do. :eek: I like the Ultra 2.0's a lot but they just don't go low enough. Since I have my CD collection ripped on my PC I'm spending more time listening to music while surfing this website. :D The 015 has a 6.5" woofer while the 215 has an 8". Will the 215 be overkill? Both are the same price. Any comments are appreciated.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well I purchased the 215. It's probably overkill but hey for $99 why not? It compliments the Klipsch's nicely and gives me the bass I was missing. One nice feature is the controls are mostly on the front of the sub. It's sitting right next to me as I sit here so it's easy to adjust. The power button on the front will come in handy in the evenings so I can easily turn it off when my kids are asleep. :cool: As for the sound quality it's not bad. Surprisingly tight and not boomy. I haven't noticed any bottoming but I'm not blasting it either.

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
I previously bought a 215 to use temporarily before I purchased an SVS. As you mentioned, it performed exceptionally well for the price ($99.00); a good return on the money.

Initially there was a noticable element of boominess but I solved this by placing about two square feet of plywood between the carpet and the sub.

As I think about this a little more, I think I paid $149.00 at that time (about two years ago) so it looks like you did well on price!

-GeorgeM

D

dreadstar

Audioholic Intern
Subwoofer on the computer

Try finding a used Yamaha SW-150 or SW-160 they both work very nice and are tall slim cabinets about the same size as a full tower computer.

Prices range from $50 in www.recycler.com to $150.

C

Cuteman

Audioholic Intern
215 was like 69.99 or 99.99 at best buy the other day

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis