A

abe

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I watched VH1 yesterday a documentary on Fleetwood Mac.   I saw two way monitors look very much like Yamaha speakers in Lindsey Buckingham's recording studio.   If they are then Yamahaluver will be very happy :)

But for me, I will still stay with my Dynaudio. :)))))

Abe</font>

B

Ben

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Abe,

I could be wrong but I think that alot of recording studio's use Yamaha speakers. &nbsp;At one stage I think they were the largest supplier in the world of monitor speakers.

Ben</font>

A

abe

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I wouldn't be surprised at all. &nbsp; Yamaha seems huge in professional musicians, their synthesizers/pianos are seen on stage a lot.

Abe</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for the plug Abe, it would make me quite happy if people dont get swayed and check out Yamaha speakers and form their own opinion.

The NS-10M monitor is like the refference standard for studios worldwide and till date 175000 units have been sold. The NS-1000 is a legend and needs no introduction. Sadly till today Yamaha shys away from marketing their higher end speakers like the NS-HX series and are contend with selling of their low end NS-555/777 which themselves are no slouch. You cant buy more accurate speakers at that price.</font>

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I've seen more JBL monitors than Yamaha. Places like Abbey Road Studios, the Sydney Opera House and Skywalker ranch use JBL, even the studios I've worked in personally used them. I dunno maybe these places just liked them more.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The newer studios use Yamaha to a great extent, as do more and more musicians. The 170,000 units have to end up somewhere.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>- Thread Hijack -

Welcome back Yamahaluver... &nbsp;Haven't heard you around these parts in quite some time. &nbsp;I think a lot of members missed your commentary. &nbsp;

Hope to hear from you again.

Pat</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
stiletto pat : - Thread Hijack -

Welcome back Yamahaluver...  Haven't heard you around these parts in quite some time.  I think a lot of members missed your commentary.  

Hope to hear from you again.

Pat
Thank you Pat, are you sure they missed me or were glad that my endless Yamaha praising was finally gone.

Glad to be here with all of you guys, missed the site and forum a lot while I was away.</font>

<font color='#000080'>I used Yamaha NS-10s in the studio - absolutely flat-sounding near-field speaker. Plus everyone is familiar with them so there's somewhat of a standard if you switch studios (if yu don't bring your own). You may not want them in your house without a sub, however! &nbsp;
</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>I personaly use the NS-10M as my PC speakers, they are hooked up to a AX-396 amp and YST-SW100 sub. The card on my PC is the pro Yamaha SW-1000XG and the combination gives me real good ability to edit sound.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis