Yamaha set up menu questions

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yamaha set up menu . My question is what purpose is the setting pattern and setting data copy for ? Having recalibrated my unit after a major repair and using YPAO for a start then fine tuning manually with a good meter how do I save the new adjustments besides Memory guard ? Is that what the two first mentioned items are for ?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@AcuDefTechGuy is our resident Yamaha pro. I just summoned him. I'm a Denon/Marantz guy and not familiar with Yamaha's setup menus anymore.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I'm a fan of Yamaha. Not really an expert. :D

@M Code might be one of the experts.

@highfigh might be another expert.

I think this topic might have been discussed in the Yamaha Owners Thread. Might post there.

Last edited:
WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Yamaha has had a number of set up menus over the past 20+ years. Why don’t you tell us the model of the one you’re using?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks guys it does go into some of my questions but I didn't see anything about setting data copy but I go into the whole thread and read further great info thanks Gentlemen . Looks like there is plenty to digest there !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Its a RX-A 3020 by the way should have stated that first of all that might help .

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Yamaha set up menu . My question is what purpose is the setting pattern and setting data copy for ? Having recalibrated my unit after a major repair and using YPAO for a start then fine tuning manually with a good meter how do I save the new adjustments besides Memory guard ? Is that what the two first mentioned items are for ?
I have the 3060 and I use it to save 2 different Eq settings. Most of the time I use the "Through" parametric Eq setting, which is no Eq at all. But there are times when I feel the "Natural" Eq setting sounds better for a particular music selection that might be listening to. So one pattern is for Through and the other pattern has the Natural setting. It saves me from having to go deeper into the settings to change Parametric Eq setting.

As for saving everything. If you get the IP address for your receiver, and open a browser on your laptop or PC you can basically save all your settings if you ever have to do a factory reset. It really came in handy for me the one time I did a reset. I called Yamaha, and the rep walked me through it, but like I said it was pretty easy to do.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I have the 3060 and I use it to save 2 different Eq settings. Most of the time I use the "Through" parametric Eq setting, which is no Eq at all. But there are times when I feel the "Natural" Eq setting sounds better for a particular music selection that might be listening to. So one pattern is for Through and the other pattern has the Natural setting. It saves me from having to go deeper into the settings to change Parametric Eq setting.

As for saving everything. If you get the IP address for your receiver, and open a browser on your laptop or PC you can basically save all your settings if you ever have to do a factory reset. It really came in handy for me the one time I did a reset. I called Yamaha, and the rep walked me through it, but like I said it was pretty easy to do.
thank you I was wondering if what you say is possible I will experiment with this this will be very useful . When I lost the main board on this unit I was walked threw several resets to try and recoup the data . He even went so far as to give me codes to go further into the menu to try and bump the main processer board to no avail tho . It took a new main processer board and a hdmi chip of somekind to bring it back to life . It basically wiped the firm ware out and blew the main board firm ware gone . Ive found the Yamaha tecs to be very helpful with problems . Talking with the service tech they did say that they put an upgraded chip set in for the main board on repair . I have noticed the YPAO acts a little different in measuring some things and sonically the whole system seems more open . Thanks I will experiment further !

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
thank you I was wondering if what you say is possible I will experiment with this this will be very useful . When I lost the main board on this unit I was walked threw several resets to try and recoup the data . He even went so far as to give me codes to go further into the menu to try and bump the main processer board to no avail tho . It took a new main processer board and a hdmi chip of somekind to bring it back to life . It basically wiped the firm ware out and blew the main board firm ware gone . Ive found the Yamaha tecs to be very helpful with problems . Talking with the service tech they did say that they put an upgraded chip set in for the main board on repair . I have noticed the YPAO acts a little different in measuring some things and sonically the whole system seems more open . Thanks I will experiment further !
I am glad it's working again for you. Yes I have found Yamaha tech support to be very helpful and knowledge. Good luck with your receiver.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis