Yamaha S801 suggestions?

S

Sassafras LLC

Audioholic Intern
I know this is advantage but it's supposed to have a vintage build and sound.... I have a Yamaha s801. I thought this thing had built-in Bluetooth and the ability to stream. obviously it does not. I don't have a CD player or phono I just want to hear what this damn thing sounds like before investing in other parts of my HiFi system. What I do have on hand is a Fiio M11. How can I connect this to this integrated amplifier? I looked on the back of the unit it's got USB DAC which you can connect to your laptop. Not going to lie on my laptop the keyboard is completely busted from the screen it's totally useless LOL. I don't have a big selection of CDs so I don't really want to listen to my music going to CD route at this time I plan on getting a nice record player I have about 30 records that I've never played. I know I sound like a total noob I'm more into high quality SQ car audio systems.

For now I'm just looking for ways I could connect something up to it to see what this thing sounds like. The speakers I have on hand ain't nothing special they're mirage MBS bookshelf speakers I've never listened to them before looking to get something much nicer.

Attachments

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I know this is advantage but it's supposed to have a vintage build and sound.... I have a Yamaha s801. I thought this thing had built-in Bluetooth and the ability to stream. obviously it does not. I don't have a CD player or phono I just want to hear what this damn thing sounds like before investing in other parts of my HiFi system. What I do have on hand is a Fiio M11. How can I connect this to this integrated amplifier? I looked on the back of the unit it's got USB DAC which you can connect to your laptop. Not going to lie on my laptop the keyboard is completely busted from the screen it's totally useless LOL. I don't have a big selection of CDs so I don't really want to listen to my music going to CD route at this time I plan on getting a nice record player I have about 30 records that I've never played. I know I sound like a total noob I'm more into high quality SQ car audio systems.

For now I'm just looking for ways I could connect something up to it to see what this thing sounds like. The speakers I have on hand ain't nothing special they're mirage MBS bookshelf speakers I've never listened to them before looking to get something much nicer.
It has a USB connection with a fine DAC. You can connect your pc to it and stream all day long (surely you have a functional pc somewhere that you can use:D). I suggest taking that route for audio. I really like mine. Solid integrated amp.

Other inputs include phono and aux. If you want Bluetooth, you can also buy a Bluetooth adapter for it. You clearly have internet access. With the proper adapter, you could even connect your mobile phone to it. Good luck getting it up and running! :)

Last edited:
S

Sassafras LLC

Audioholic Intern
It has a USB connection with a fine DAC. You can connect your pc to it and stream all day long (surely you have a functional pc somewhere that you can use:D). I suggest taking that route for audio. I really like mine. Solid integrated amp.

Other inputs include phono and aux. If you want Bluetooth, you can also buy a Bluetooth adapter for it. You clearly have internet access. With the proper adapter, you could even connect your mobile phone to it. Good luck getting it up and running! :)
What adapters would I need to be able to use my Fiio M11?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
What adapters would I need to be able to use my Fiio M11?
It has USB output. USB C to B.

My Teac turntable sounds very good with it! If you have access to a table, I think you will enjoy it!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis