R

reyzor58

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>i have a yamaha rxz1 and just ordered the axiom epic 80 speaker system.
my questions does it make a big difference to add 2 more speakers to have the L&amp;R effects and how about going with a 2 sub setup and should they be the same sub?
also anyone who has any experience with this receiver if you have any tips or can point me in the right direction (sites or articles) that would be great!!

thanks for the time

reyzor58</font>

<font color='#000080'>Hi Rey,

I LOVE Yamaha DSP - so I would recommend getting two small speakers for the effects channels. Do you have room to mount/position them according to the manual?</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Rey;

Perhaps you should check out my review, it contains set-up details.

Yamaha RX-Z1

I just received the RX-Z9, and I can't wait to get back to DSP Cinema in 9.1 &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>To get the maximum benefit from the Yamaha DSP modes as well as enhanced directionality it is worth it to go for the front L+R effects speakers, by using them, the mains are relieved from effects duty and therefore the sound is quite nice and the effects get their own individual channel instead of mingling with the mains and getting lost in that process.

For two sub setting if they are to be used in the front they have to be of the same size and type, for the rear they can be smaller. My setup includes two Yamaha YST-SW800 in front and one Yamaha YST-SW320 in the rear. I set my rears to LARGE.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis