Yamaha rxv2500 equalizing feature help!!

F

firefighterchri

Audioholic Intern
I have the Yamaha RXV2500 and love it. Although there are things that you can change that I am not used to. I just retired an old Sony that didn't have half the features this thing does. My questions are when I go into auto setup using the microphone I come to a function called equaling which one of the following do I choose: natural, flat, or front? What will they affect? Sorry for all these questions I've been asking it's just that I like to understand how things work.

Csi 5 (center)
PSW 505 (subwoofer)
50” Sony Grand Wega LCD projection
Yamaha RXV2500 receiver
Sony DVP725P DVD player
Dish network 811 HDTV receiver
Sony Playstation 2

O

Orcasite

Enthusiast
Check the Manual!

Look at page 28, upper left to see a written explanation of how to choose between "Natural," "Flat," or "Front." :)

F

firefighterchri

Audioholic Intern
I see it I just don't understand what they are saying. I was just wondering if anybody else had this receiver or like it and what they put theres at and why? I've tried each one and don't really notice a difference in sound. I assume there is supposed to be some kind of change or they wouldn't have this feature.

O

Orcasite

Enthusiast
Using the auto Eq on the Yammy 2500

Choosing one EQ setting over another should slightly change the sound you hear by sending slightly differently modified signals to your speakers. If you change the setting on the amp and you don't hear any appreciable difference from the speakers, then the exact setting you use is not pertinent to your ear using your sound system in your specific accoustic environment.

I set mine to "flat" as a starting point and have been listening there - in a while , I will set the amp to one of the other settings, and see if I can hear the difference and if it is better or worse to my ears. I don't expect the difference to be too large, however, as my speakers are relatively balanced.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
Read the full product review and bench test on this website(may be in archives if not directly on review page). I believe Mr. DeBeor(spellcheck)tested the 2500 and discussed the settings which concern you. I too have a 2500 and notice some difference allthough slight. BTW...Does the cooling fan on yours work when set to continuous mode? (with unit off, press and hold straight/effect button, while continuing to press...press power...let go of both....use program knob to toggle through impedence, fan, and remote id...change settings by pressing straight/effect button...press power when finished to save settings...now power up again to see if fan works after you set it to CONT...I have spoken to some owners that have had problems with fan not working and the units were purchased from retailers as well as internet sales.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis