A

Achilles

Enthusiast
I like the Yamaha line and need a new receiver. What are he main differences between these lines? What will I get for the extra money for an RXV2500 vs a HTR 5790?

Thanks

J

jchokie

Audiophyte
The HTR 5790 and the 1400 are the exact same machines. The only differences being the badge and face plate. The 2500 doesn't have an equivalent in the HTR series. I am not familiar with a 5960. Check out the following link - there is a spot on there that answers your question. You can also do side by side comparisons between various receivers.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/receivers/receiver_main.htm

I just got a 5790, but admit I haven't been able to get the full benefit. I am new to this game and have to settle on 2 ch speakers for a little while.

Good Luck,

John

Last edited:
crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
Yamaha makes the two lines for one reason, and one reason only. So they can sell one line to retailer A, and the other to retailer B, and sell twice as many units!!! They answer this question on their website under FAQ.

Not that there's anything wrong with that though. They rate power of the HTR series at 1 KHz and the RXV series at 20-20KHz.

A

Achilles

Enthusiast
Thanks

Thank you all for the responses. I was able to get the RXV2500 for $100 more than the HTR (which appears to be the equivilent of the RXV1400).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis