Yamaha RXV 2500 vs. Integra 6.5 - comparison

A

Apogee

Enthusiast
Guys....I'm just bought the 2500 bcos of all the reading here and I'm a big
Yamaha fan for obvious reasons.

My friend got himself the Integra 6.5 and compared it to Yamaha 2500 and
he said that the 2500 is a little SLUGGISH when come to bass out put.

He bought the B&W 602 bookshelf as front and other 600 series for the set.

I used Energy C5 for front and CC1 for center and Encore for rear, and 10.3 for sub.

Anyone has done comparison between these two system? :rolleyes:

I just ordered the Yamaha DVDC750 to go with the 2500 - from reading the review here too.

thnx.

B

BobbyT

Junior Audioholic
Have you heard your friend's system to compare yourself? Also you have different speakers and most importantly a different room. All of these are factors into a systems performance. If your happy with the 2500 then that is what matters, not if your friend likes it. Maybe it actually sounds better and your friend is just a little jealous.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure what your friend means by "sluggish".
To me that means sloppy bass. Sounds more to be a function of the speakers than the reciever.
Perhaps the sound of your sub is simply not to his liking.
Either way screw him. You made a good choice in recievers.

A

Apogee

Enthusiast
thnx guys....

I know the bottom line is that Yamaha is know for its liability and it has the fund for development work. Onkyo worldwide sale cannot even compare to Yamaha.

I bought my 2500 in Toronto, Canada - Bay Bloor Radio and the service manager for the store told me that for his 12 yrs there, he hardly see
Yamaha comes back for service. However, the other brands seem to have more issues - relatively speaking.

Besides the built quality - the RXV 2500 is SEXY! - clean cut design -. :D

Yamaha is great for budget and quality!

Paulvader

Paulvader

Junior Audioholic
Apogee said:
thnx guys....

I know the bottom line is that Yamaha is know for its liability and it has the fund for development work. Onkyo worldwide sale cannot even compare to Yamaha.

I bought my 2500 in Toronto, Canada - Bay Bloor Radio and the service manager for the store told me that for his 12 yrs there, he hardly see
Yamaha comes back for service. However, the other brands seem to have more issues - relatively speaking.

Besides the built quality - the RXV 2500 is SEXY! - clean cut design -. :D

Yamaha is great for budget and quality!
I bought my 2500 3 months ago from Kromer in Toronto. Other than the fact I had to return it to Yamaha for repairs because it kept going into "pure direct" I LOVE IT!! I was surprised to see that it was shorting out and that the unit was the source of it's own problems ( I was sure it was something I had done to it!!). I have had my RX 450 for 14 years now(ugh...old...me...lol) have moved it in a U-Haul to Vancouver and back with not 1 problem to speak of. I know that other makers are definately compareable in quality and most other factors, but I don't think I'll personally pick another brand. Good choice. (now to pop my Iron Maiden early years dvd into the dvd player...lol... ;))

Cheers.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
The 2500 seemed to be lacking a little bass when I first set it up. I had to use the tone control to increase the level of bass on my 2500, but now with my dual SVS CS20-39+ subs, it will shake the house with good, tight, clean bass.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
v2500 is great and you will love the dvd750 as well. Mine looks and sounds fantastic. It just plays really natural without adding any unwanted effects/noise to the source. Pic quality is great as well. Looks super on my old 36" crt. If I had one complaint about the 750 it would be that it's a bit slower(time it takes to perform function) than I am used to. But a few more seconds is worth the wait on this little workhorse.

J

JB007

Audiophyte
Hi,

I just bought the 2500 but am still waiting for the delivery. In the meantime I saw the NAD T-763 and am thinking of swaping it for the Yamaha as it's supposed to be better with music.

Any input on you guys? Is your 2500 nice with music? Read a lot complaints about it beeing too precise and steril.

thx

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
My 2500 is driving Energy C9's with a CC1 and 3 CR1's. I have the 10.3 sub. I have never had a problem with Bass running the sub or not. The Energys are not the most efficient of speakers and it takes a lot to get them sounding there best. The 2500 is all and more than I would have hoped for as far as sound quality not to mention all the bells and whistles.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis