C

cnjax

Enthusiast
Does anyone know the original retail price for this receiver?

C

cnjax

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply

I just bought this reciever from ebay and payed $305 wanted to see if I got a good deal.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
cnjax said:
I just bought this reciever from ebay and payed $305 wanted to see if I got a good deal.
Give that it's a few years old and receivers usually go through updates each year, I'd say you paid a fair price for the receiver. Now, the Yamaha HTR-5860 can be purchased for as low as $329 (possibly not an authorized vendor), but you probably didn't get a warranty with the RX-V1000, either.

Without being able to directly compare the RX-V1000 to the newly release HTR-5860, I'll withold a few comments. However, I'd be willing to bet, the 5860 features enough that it probably surpasses the capabilities of the RX-V1000.

C

cnjax

Enthusiast
Reason for buying RXV 1000

I was recently given a set of Bose 901's, I know that the bose bashers here will ring in, but hey they were free. In order to use them I needed an a/v receiver with main amp in/out and preouts. My current Sony HT system is not compatible. I needed to find a receiver that would work on a very limited budget. Would love to hear from other RXV 1000 owners and those using 901's in the HT setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis