Yamaha RX-Z7 A/V Receiver Overview

almen74

almen74

Audiophyte
Subwoofer output stopped working

After one week of use my subwoofer output on this receiver stopped workiing.
When I run Test Tone no sound from subwoofer.
At the beginning I thought my sub is bad but when I hooked it up to my Sonos sub worked just fine.
I am getting new replacement unit tomorrow.
Any ideas?

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
I am having alot of fun with this receiver and yes I am a bit disappointed as usual that Yamaha doesnt allow for doing 9.1 on this receiver for front presence channels via ext amplification but oh well.
Gene, I just now had a chat with a Yamaha rep that confirmed that it is possible of doing 9.1 via an external amp. From my other posts on the Amps, Pre-Pros & Receivers forum I am looking at upgrading my RX-V2600 and still am contemplating one of the new Onkyo arrivals. In my conversations with the retailer (a 30+ year veteran in the industry and owner of the retail outlet) I mentioned I truly like Yamaha and would have liked to upgrade with a new Yamaha model but I wanted to have a 9.1 without having to get a RX-Z11 ($$$). My retailer suggested I use an external amp with the RX-Z7 to feed my 2 "presence" or "Height" speakers in my 9.1 setup but was unsure if it could be done with a RX-Z7 so he called the Yamaha rep, gave him my phone number and he called me this morning. He confirmed that by connecting the sur back/presence pre-outs to the external amp and configuring the amp assignement in the setup that the both Sur-Back and Presence would output sound. Does that make sense? I would appreciate your comments on this please if possible. Did anything change?
Many thanks

Dan

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis