Yamaha RX-Z11 First Look

E

erikjohn

Audiophyte
Why would having a toroid and 2000 extra uF of capacitance make it sound any better?(
My thoughts were more clean power and reserve should make for more headroom at higher volumes and in general a more dynamic sound overall. Torridal design is more efficient but takes up more space. I mean the Z9 has an extremely good preamp section, I am not saying they didn't improve upon it in the Z11 but I think you are splitting hairs that have already been split. Not to mention if you put it in Pure Direct Mode well all the processing goes out the window.

T

troytn

Audioholic Intern
Has anyone seen on of these Z11's yet in stores? Online?

It states November availability and November is about gone.

Any rumors on delays or ship dates?

B

bwillcox

Audioholic Intern
Has anyone seen on of these Z11's yet in stores? Online?

It states November availability and November is about gone.

Any rumors on delays or ship dates?
Last week the rumor was that they were on the truck, expected to arrive sometime this week (at my dealer anyway).

B

bwillcox

Audioholic Intern
For me, this statement applies as a minimum.

Perhaps because folk in the U.S. are paid half as much as those in the U.K.
The Yamaha rep at the Bjorn's sponsored demo of the Z11 claimed that it was because Yamaha US insisted on the $5000 price point. Perhaps Yamaha UK didn't do so??

brahn

brahn

Audiophyte
I got mine!!

Just picked mine up today. I am in the process of running through its final setup process. I will keep you posted

B

bwillcox

Audioholic Intern
I got my RX-Z11 yesterday (I'm in Austin, TX). I'm still working on getting it hooked up (I'm doing some major re-arrangement of my system coincident with this) so unfortunately I have nothing of any interest to report yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis