Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Received word and had them send me a box and label. It came home today and took thirteen days total from receiving the email notification to getting it back home. Now, I’ll hook it up and see what they broke in the process.:D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Doing more research, one will find that no combination of console, TV and receiver currently gets one every single feature of HDMI 2.1 and that is no accident as far as I’m concerned.
Not every single device needs to have expensive 48 Gbps chips with all features. There is a segmentation in the market and it is the right approach for many reasons. HDMI 2.1 comes in four flavour as regards to the port speed: 24, 32, 40 and 48 Gbps. Next year, DisplayPort 2.0 will come in three flavours: 40 Gbps (UHBR10), 65 Gbps (UHBR13.5) and 80 Gbps (UHBR20). Manufacturers of CPUs, GPUs, laptops and monitors will have freedom to choose which chip to install, depending on device capability. There is nothing wrong with it as soon as the public is exsplicitly told in marketing port speed and capability. A monitor that can display 4K/120 10-bit RGB image does not need 80 Gbps more expensive chip. It needs only 40 Gbps. The same applies for CPU graphics. If CPU can output 40 Gbps image, motherboard vendor will save money by installing 40 Gbps port rather than 80 Gbps port, which would be useless.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Received word and had them send me a box and label. It came home today and took thirteen days total from receiving the email notification to getting it back home. Now, I’ll hook it up and see what they broke in the process.:D
Not bad, about two weeks turnaround..

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I don’t think the fun had by a few warrants the frustration of many regarding HDMI 2.1 implementation in various devices. The damn thing wasn’t done yet and it will be left behind like other versions without ever completely working out the issues. You know, like ARC.;)
This is partially correct. There are unscrupulous vendors who would hype features through aggressive marketing, sometimes bordering on misleading. But, there are professional vendors too. It is on consumers to do own research, read reviews, fora, etc. and get informed well before buying devices. My graphics card outputs 40 Gbps image to LG TV and everything works fine with 4K/120 image. The connection does not need to be 48 Gbps, as TVs do not have 12-bit panel which would benefit from maximum bandwidth. My TV can receive 48 Gbps signal, but would I be ever able to see any difference? It's an academic debate with little practical concern.

AVRs were problematic with first gen repeater chips used by Sound United and Yamaha. They did not test it properly prior to release and caused a fiasco... All other AVR vendors waited for the second gen chips, which are much better. Onkyo works fine. It was tested several times and can even pass 4K/120 Dolby Vision. Consumers need to check reviews of devices before buying. There were thousands of people who bought AVRs several months, even one year after bugs were exposed publicly and then complained about the same thing. There has never been easier access to information in human history. It's not difficult to find out. As some vendors and consumers play can and mouse game in capitalism, I would not put blame on vendors only. If anyone needs new tech without checking reviews and published information, be prepared to be a beta-tester.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, I’ve said as much over several pages of this thread and at this point am really only interested in the experiences of others with these Yamaha models. It was a s#%t deal but I was lucky enough to get a free receiver out of it. Anybody not personally put out by it can take their soap box over to that f#%kin’ Aventage thread.:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“But Beaver, this one has 4K @120 out of the box.” “Fuckin’ Larry!”
3A11BD1C-BE3F-4729-A7E1-C3238E6BDD68.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yup. A trip to Costco is never a good thing when they have a stack of new receivers.:eek: Head spinning over using three different brand receivers over the last week and remembering which one does what in which way. I can change the damn things out in record time these days, though. Mixed emotions so far but having fun playing with it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Costco version
While purchased at Costco, it isn't an exclusive that is renamed or altered in any way. The Yamaha TSR-700 was a renamed Costco exclusive that was identical to the RX-V6A in every way. The Denon is not available on the Costco website. They shouldn't have a problem unloading these things quickly. It's worth every penny.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I located a Costco in Philly that can ship the Denon to me in Alaska , the store manager is from Alaska nice dude.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Was supposed to put the Yamaha through its paces after its return but decided to torture the little the Denon. I’m calling it the little AVR that could.:D Running the Daytons at Large with LFE+Main. They aren’t exactly efficient little fuckers. The Daytons and the Denon aren’t flinching. Yes, it is a silly little budget system. But, a 5.2 speaker setup and AVR for about $1,300 all in shouldn’t sound this good. It’s a f#%kin’ riot.:D Should I be worried about the smoke?:oops:

B

Billyjick74

Audiophyte
Was supposed to put the Yamaha through its paces after its return but decided to torture the little the Denon. I’m calling it the little AVR that could.:D Running the Daytons at Large with LFE+Main. They aren’t exactly efficient little fuckers. The Daytons and the Denon aren’t flinching. Yes, it is a silly little budget system. But, a 5.2 speaker setup and AVR for about $1,300 all in shouldn’t sound this good. It’s a f#%kin’ riot.:D Should I be worried about the smoke?:oops:
I currently have this model Denon and ls 50 metas and an r2c and have been racking my brain dealing with the dialogue bleed coming out of surrounds when upmixing any content less than 5.1. Literally complaints all over the web and support pages and the update keeps getting pushed back for this fix. Would a Yamaha be pretty similar in ease of us and features? Apparently they don’t have the dialogue bleed issue

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
I see new firmware out. Popped up late last night. Any ideas what it is for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
I currently have this model Denon and ls 50 metas and an r2c and have been racking my brain dealing with the dialogue bleed coming out of surrounds when upmixing any content less than 5.1. Literally complaints all over the web and support pages and the update keeps getting pushed back for this fix. Would a Yamaha be pretty similar in ease of us and features? Apparently they don’t have the dialogue bleed issue
If you have a sample of something you want tested could try it. I’ve not noticed dialogue bleed but then not sure what I’ve watched lately that isn’t 5.1 except YouTube stuff and never noticed it.

B

Billyjick74

Audiophyte
If you have a sample of something you want tested could try it. I’ve not noticed dialogue bleed but then not sure what I’ve watched lately that isn’t 5.1 except YouTube stuff and never noticed it.

You’re a legend. An anime called Re zero. It’s on HBO max or crunchy roll. Either season. Let me know if you hear the dialogue coming out of rears when it chooses Dolby atmos/surround

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis