Yamaha RX-V671 Network A/V Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There is a whole lot to like with the Yamaha RX-V671 starting with the price. At under $600, you are getting a full suite of networking features including out of the box iPod/iPhone integration via a front mounted USB port. App support is practically a must these days and, aside from no Android support, is present. Yamaha has included a robust amp section and the ability to power a second zone with the surround back amps. Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit DACs are included for all channels, onboard deinterlacing looks to be top notch, 3D is supported, and you can scale all analogue and HDMI inputs to 1080p. While there are a few features we would miss, for most consumers, the RX-V671 packs a lot of punch in a very affordable package.

Discuss "Yamaha RX-V671 Network A/V Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
:/

RX-V667 has preouts and an additional subwoofer out...this loses the preouts and drops one of the subwoofer outputs.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
At under $600, you are getting a full suite of networking features including out of the box iPod/iPhone integration via a front mounted USB port. App support is practically a must these days and, aside from no Android support, is present.
I imagine you could just use wireless networking and the DLNA server Android app, or the mini HDMI port found on many Android phones. :p

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
:/

RX-V667 has preouts and an additional subwoofer out...this loses the preouts and drops one of the subwoofer outputs.
If your saying that you are NOT impressed, I'm with you. I don't really care about Apple connections. I like to listen to my music uncompressed aka vinyl or CD and not low bit rate quality MP3s.

Yamaha clearly listened to their marketing department offering Apple and improved networking capability. It saddens me to think they didn't look after the real audio concerns dropping pre-outs like they have. :(

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, I am most certainly not impressed. Ipod support is nothing I care about, especially at the cost of losing preouts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis