Yamaha RX-V670 Need Help

C

cooker338

Audiophyte
Well i'm new to the forum and just started collecting a few older receivers. My father gave me his old receiver which is the yamaha listed. Of course as everyone knows they have problems with the display going out and mine has. The receiver sounds awesome and everything works except I can't see whats going on. Does anyone know where I can acquire a bulb for the display? I've checked and yamaha doesn't produce it anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chad

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well i'm new to the forum and just started collecting a few older receivers. My father gave me his old receiver which is the yamaha listed. Of course as everyone knows they have problems with the display going out and mine has. The receiver sounds awesome and everything works except I can't see whats going on. Does anyone know where I can acquire a bulb for the display? I've checked and yamaha doesn't produce it anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chad
You are not looking for a bulb. You are looking for an integrated circuit that has a LED display.

I would bet it is NLA. If you find one, this is not something you will replace yourself unless you are very skilled.

C

cooker338

Audiophyte
Actually, it is a bulb that is connected with to wires that plug in to a circuit board. The bulb has blown and will not light up the orange display. I need the bulb with the wires to plug in to the circuit board. And I also searched google and read the sight that is posted above with no help. Everywhere it sends me too it says the bulb is no longer in production so I'm trying to find someone that has one for sale or a substition for the light I need.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Actually, it is a bulb that is connected with to wires that plug in to a circuit board. The bulb has blown and will not light up the orange display. I need the bulb with the wires to plug in to the circuit board. And I also searched google and read the sight that is posted above with no help. Everywhere it sends me too it says the bulb is no longer in production so I'm trying to find someone that has one for sale or a substition for the light I need.
Does the orange display light up? I find it had to believe the bulb is more than a back light.

If you measure the voltage across the burnt out bulb, then you can order a LED bulb of the same voltage and color.

There are a lot of LED bulbs for every voltage range. If it is an odd incandescent bulb, you could still use a LED and even multiples of them as they will only draw a fraction of the current of incandescent bulbs.

Remember a LED is a diode and had to be connected in correct polarity.

I can't get a service manual without paying for it, but the owners manual sure looks as if their is a LED display. The only thing a bulb would illuminate would be a meter. I have never seen a display like that that did not involve a display IC or two. You had better make sure the display numerals are showing.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis