Yamaha rx-v6 issues

S

snoborder101

Audiophyte
So I recently purchased a new Yamaha rx-v6 linked to my LG oled and svs speakers. Everything was working fine until I bought a new ultra high speed hdmi cord(I still had a standard hdmi run through the wall). Now that I've swapped, hdr is working, but hdmi inputs are only being detected the first time I switch to it. If I try to switch back to the tv from the xbox for example, it will not detect the tv on the receiver. Even thought the tv is controlling the volume through eArc no problem. Same issue vice versa.

I tried switching back hdmi cords, but to no avail. I don't know what happened that caused this issue, but now I have to turn the receiver on and off to detect hdmi inputs everytime I change them.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
How do you do Snoborder101? Unfortunately, problems with HDMI switching and the RX-V6A are not uncommon though some have had good luck. I would suggest registering your product if you have not already done so and contact Yamaha support. They are not unaware of HDMI issues with your model and would appreciate the feedback, I'm sure. Have you run the firmware update?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'd do a hard reset, I would almost bet if you called into Yamaha CS that's the first thing they'll tell you to do.

S

snoborder101

Audiophyte
How do you do Snoborder101? Unfortunately, problems with HDMI switching and the RX-V6A are not uncommon though some have had good luck. I would suggest registering your product if you have not already done so and contact Yamaha support. They are not unaware of HDMI issues with your model and would appreciate the feedback, I'm sure. Have you run the firmware update?
Well, it’s good to know that they’re aware of the issue anyway. I checked the firmware and it happened to have shipped with the latest update. I also did a factory reset, but did not have much luck. So frustrating because it was working smoothly for a few days.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Amazing that are Yamaha guys are all hiding I guess it's called "Selective Thread Trolling"

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I myself never bash anyone's gear no matter what they have. I like my Cyclops RX-V6A it isn't high end or even mid-level. The stereo receiver I miss the most was my Realistic Optimus 75 X 2 vintage. I paid 399 for that thing back in the 80's had all these nice switches and buttons on it two watt meters Big volume knob plus vu meter for FM had this nice amber glow, no remote.

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
IIRC I think I remember reading that Xbox doesn’t play nice with the newer receivers for some reason. You are not the only person having this issue.

The LG you have is it a CX? If so, check to see if you get banding in HDR content. Banding with some TVs and atmos being weird (heights/overheads and center speakers playing at the same volume with height/overhead sounds) are the two things Yamaha are looking at right now.

S

snoborder101

Audiophyte
IIRC I think I remember reading that Xbox doesn’t play nice with the newer receivers for some reason. You are not the only person having this issue.

The LG you have is it a CX? If so, check to see if you get banding in HDR content. Banding with some TVs and atmos being weird (heights/overheads and center speakers playing at the same volume with height/overhead sounds) are the two things Yamaha are looking at right now.
I’m still running the lg c7. No banding issues from what I saw. Xbox model isn’t the newest one either. Thought I’d was mainly series x players having the issues.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I recently purchased a new Yamaha rx-v6 linked to my LG oled and svs speakers. Everything was working fine until I bought a new ultra high speed hdmi cord(I still had a standard hdmi run through the wall). Now that I've swapped, hdr is working, but hdmi inputs are only being detected the first time I switch to it. If I try to switch back to the tv from the xbox for example, it will not detect the tv on the receiver. Even thought the tv is controlling the volume through eArc no problem. Same issue vice versa.

I tried switching back hdmi cords, but to no avail. I don't know what happened that caused this issue, but now I have to turn the receiver on and off to detect hdmi inputs everytime I change them.
What was the high speed cable and was it active or hybrid? Also how long is your HDMI run?

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
I’m still running the lg c7. No banding issues from what I saw. Xbox model isn’t the newest one either. Thought I’d was mainly series x players having the issues.
It’s also the Xbox One from what I have read. Before the new consoles came out, people were reporting issues with the new receivers detecting their Xbox consoles.

S

snoborder101

Audiophyte
It’s also the Xbox One from what I have read. Before the new consoles came out, people were reporting issues with the new receivers detecting their Xbox consoles.
Ah ok. Didn’t realize it was also the older consoles as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis