GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
They have a pic of a different receiver.

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
GlocksRock said:
They have a pic of a different receiver.
I've seen shops before that use a generic image for certain brands' products. They have a picture of the box up for the RX-V2500. I've got a friend who bought from them before, and had a good experiance with them, though.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Abes of Maine is one of those Brooklyn stores in New York City that have really shabby store fronts. There used to be a webpage displaying the location shots of all those Brooklyn stores.

Most of them have terrible reputations.

I would check www.resellerratings.com (or something like this) for customer ratings of this company.

Sometimes if a price is too good to be true, it usually is.

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
furrycute said:
Abes of Maine is one of those Brooklyn stores in New York City that have really shabby store fronts. There used to be a webpage displaying the location shots of all those Brooklyn stores.

Most of them have terrible reputations.

I would check www.resellerratings.com (or something like this) for customer ratings of this company.

Sometimes if a price is too good to be true, it usually is.
Well, I do know that Abe's is one of the 5-Star vendors recommended by CNet and 4-Star average customer rating at PriceGrabber.com.

As for the store front.......(from their website)

3Jax

Audiophyte
Athorized Yamaha Retailer

Although not as good of a price as $899, I was able to purchased my 2600 from Abt Electronics in Chicago, which is an an Authorized Yamaha Retailer, for $1170. This included shipping and since I am out of state, I did not have any sales tax. I just like the peace of mind knowing that my investment will be protected by the manufacturers warranty and honored at any Yamaha repair center if needed.

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
3Jax said:
Although not as good of a price as $899, I was able to purchased my 2600 from Abt Electronics in Chicago, which is an an Authorized Yamaha Retailer, for $1170. This included shipping and since I am out of state, I did not have any sales tax. I just like the peace of mind knowing that my investment will be protected by the manufacturers warranty and honored at any Yamaha repair center if needed.
Congrats. You'll have to tell us all what you think when you get it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis