Yamaha rx v2500 YPAO help

J

jayswizz

Junior Audioholic
Hello Everyone,
I am having trouble with the auto setup on my Yamaha v2500. The first time I used auto setup I had no problems. I am trying to reset it but I now cannot get my on screen display to work. My monitor is blank and the receiver display reads GUI. Can someone help me with why my monitor is blank? Thanks

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
I know this might sound silly, but check all your conections again. Make sure that what ever video imput that you have the AV hooked up to, make sure that the TV is also on that setting. IE Video 4 or Video 2 what ever it is.

Sounds easy but I have done it lots of times, you would be suprised how many times it is a simple fix like that.

J

JPW

Junior Audioholic
Try hooking up and running the 2500 with S-Video. Some receivers don't pass the menu via component video.

J

jayswizz

Junior Audioholic
Hello Again,
I want to thank you guys for taking the time to help me out. I actually figured out the problem right after I posted this this thread. I used the auto setup with no problem when I first hooked the receiver up. I then decided to hide all my interconnects for asthetic reasons. Stupid me forgot to hook up my component cables from the monitor out on the Yamaha to the component input on my TV. Again, thanks guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis