Yamaha RX-V2500 DolbyDigital-EX error ?

L

lgo51

Audiophyte
Has anyone else noted that the RX-v1500 and RX-V2500 mis-decode some DVDs that are known to be "EX" format? For example, Star Wars Episode II. :confused:

L

lgo51

Audiophyte
mais oui

Actually, 7.1 w/ SurroundBack's selected in the 'reassign' and 'spkr' sub-menus. DD ProLogic-IIx works just fine. Some 'EX' encoded DVDs work as expected, e.g. Lord of the Rings. Others do not, e.g. Star Wars Episode I or II.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
lgo51 said:
Actually, 7.1 w/ SurroundBack's selected in the 'reassign' and 'spkr' sub-menus. DD ProLogic-IIx works just fine. Some 'EX' encoded DVDs work as expected, e.g. Lord of the Rings. Others do not, e.g. Star Wars Episode I or II.

If some work while others don't, I doubt it is the receiver and think there is something with the disc. Try to test it in another 6.1 system, if you can.

L

lgo51

Audiophyte
did that

All discs work as expected when [the same] DVD player is bolted to a Rotel 1055 or an Elite 54TX or an Elite 56TXi.

Seems like both the Yamaha RX-V1500 and RX-V2500 miss decode the flags.

The V1500 allows me to over-ride its auto-detect and 'force' the EX via the surround-back mode control.

The V2500 refused to allow that same over-ride, but did permit me to engage the DPL-IIx mode.

Something's amiss here. Was hoping that others here could help.

Regards,
LarryO
:(

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
lgo51 said:
All discs work as expected when [the same] DVD player is bolted to a Rotel 1055 or an Elite 54TX or an Elite 56TXi.

Seems like both the Yamaha RX-V1500 and RX-V2500 miss decode the flags.

The V1500 allows me to over-ride its auto-detect and 'force' the EX via the surround-back mode control.

The V2500 refused to allow that same over-ride, but did permit me to engage the DPL-IIx mode.

Something's amiss here. Was hoping that others here could help.

Regards,
LarryO
:(

Have you contacted Yamaha about this issue? What is their response?

L

lgo51

Audiophyte
Fer sur - guess what they said...

mtrycrafts said:
Have you contacted Yamaha about this issue? What is their response?
Paraphrasing; "We are not aware of any problems."

Sounds surprisingly similar to my auto dealership's responses. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis