Yamaha RX-V1900 hdmi (arc)

Brandon777

Brandon777

Audiophyte
Hello all
I have a Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver and cannot connect my Samsung smart TV via hdmi. I have connected the TV in the hdmi arc and the OUT hdmi on the amplifier. No luck.
I'm sure one of you guys will be able to solve this issue for me cause I'm obviously technically challenged

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have that model AVR and it does not support ARC. That's why its not working for you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You do get the picture via the hdmi, yes? Use an optical connection (if available) from tv to avr if you need audio sourced from the tv.....it's the equivalent of what ARC can generally deliver in any case.

Brandon777

Brandon777

Audiophyte
You do get the picture via the hdmi, yes? Use an optical connection (if available) from tv to avr if you need audio sourced from the tv.....it's the equivalent of what ARC can generally deliver in any case.
So to get the tv sound to the avr I just need to not go hdmi and rather optical. Thanks for the input, I'll get that sorted today.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So to get the tv sound to the avr I just need to not go hdmi and rather optical. Thanks for the input, I'll get that sorted today.
Assuming your tv has that audio output option.....what many do to avoid the hassles that often come with ARC too.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure of the TV model, but if you bring up the Smart Hub on the TV and move over to the Settings tile you will see the sound settings. Just move over to that tile and move from TV Speakers to Optical Out.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not sure of the TV model, but if you bring up the Smart Hub on the TV and move over to the Settings tile you will see the sound settings. Just move over to that tile and move from TV Speakers to Optical Out.
Exactly!! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis