Yamaha RX-V1600 AV Receiver question

C

Cam62

Audiophyte
I am in the process of hooking up outdoor speakers to this unit. I already have them hooked up to "B" speaker outputs, but the receiver (Canadian model) will not allow "A" and "B" to output together. "A" speakers are my main surround sound speakers.

I was told to use Zone 2 for the outdoor connections. I also have a Zone 3 available on this unit. I was also told to not use "presence" for the setting. I want to be able to control the outdoor speakers independantly from the home surround sound speakers. I do know that Zone 2 and Zone 3 are separate amps and should handle this. I also want to be able to control the bass, treble, etc separately from the house speakers.

Am I on the right track with this? I haven't had time to try it out as I need to move my TV, and all speakers to get access to the back of the amp. It is tight so I haven't went there yet until I know for sure what is correct. It is hard to decipher the manual on this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
If you are going to play digital music thru fiber optic or hdmi, it wont play on zone 2 or 3, I have the 1500 (american model) and can use A and B together so I have my outside going thru B.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis