Yamaha rx-v1500 vs. Denon avr 2805 vs. Onkyo 702

R

RanZ

Audiophyte
I'm about to upgrade my receiver (currently using an old Yamaha rx-v395).
I will use it for movies and music, even though I listen to music while doing other things around the house, so I guess that the HT performance are more important.

I have two sets of speakers connected to my system:
Wharfedale modus-8 floorstands, which I use for music.
Canton movie 6, a Sattelites and sub set (5.1), which I use for movies.
With the new reciever I may combine them (use the modus as front speakers).

The most important feature, in my opinion, is the Automated equalization, which I think all 3 models have (?). Other than that, I look for sound quality, movie performance, ease of use, and future proof. I might upgrade my speakers someday, so it should be good enough for higher quality speakers also.

I have listed them cost-sorted (for me, in Israel), as the 1500 has the lowest price, the 2805 next and the 702 is the most expensive. Therefore, if there are no major pros and cons, I will pick the 1500.

Would like advice concenring these models, from people who heard them / have them.

Thanks,
Ran.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome to the site.

If all things were equal, I'd take the Yamaha 1500. Since it's the lowest price, that's a no brainer IMHO. Yamaha has some new models coming out late this summer, so if you're looking for a future proof unit, you may want to hold out for a few months. (possibly a 1600 and 2600 model???)

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I'd go with the Yammy 1500 as well. Yamahas just seem to have more features...and there not all just fluff, they are actually useful. I feel the Yamahas put you more inside the action in movies, and do pretty well with stereo as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis